General Table Talk

It's never lupus.

:stuck_out_tongue:

:smiley:

Darth's & Droids is a webcomic about an RPG group of gamers, playing a home brewed sci-fi game over the curse of years, using stills from the movies. Sequentially, they began with Phantom Menace and are now in the midst of Empire Strikes back.

Yup. And the story actually makes sense as a rpg adventure. Summon large fish!

Yeah, totally. Just like the wonderful DM of the Rings, actually.

Which reminds me, the new trilogy is gonna totally ignore the Expanded Universe. What a surprise! :unamused:

Rhooo... Arachné would love a Junior Warden :smiley:

Ah, ok, this is more like it :smiley:

So, if I understand correctly, either you go at Sa Dragonera and get a pass, or you must wait 7 years, including 7 seasons of "covenant service" (say, extracting vis, creating an item, inventing a spell, whaterver), plus 3 services to the covenant.
I like it. Covenant service is important in Arachné's eyes, even when you're a master. She likes the good influence Fedora has had on Vulcanus for this. She understands that we can only grow stronger together.

Yeah, I will, don't worry :smiley:
Not today, but working on it :smiley:

BTW, if everyone could post their winter 1235 charsheet here, I'll update them here.
Or if you want to do it yourself, please do, but then, it'd be nice to take a snapshot of your old charsheet if I didn't do it already. I think it may prove a fine ressource in the future, not unlike Magi of Hermes.

Ah Ah Ah! Wonderful. PB, I love you :smiley:

:laughing:
Nope, it all seems fine to me :smiley:
A small bit, though: I'd make the second effect Diameter duration. That way, if the expedition is attacked, you activate the item and can do something else, instead of having to concentrate on it while under ennemy fire (pun intended).

Yes, it is in TME, near the end, in the magical technology chapter. Although isn't it an enchanted item?

lol spot on. But sad, too. House is also Sherlock Holmes in disguise.

No, I thought it was a spell that I saw before I bought TME. I'll take a look later today to see if I can find it.

I've updated Vocis and Mica on the wiki for the first two seasons of 1234, but I can't update them further until Marko and I wrap up the Transylvania trip.

Thanks for the review. The intention of the Concentration effect was to be able to 'turn off that incessant screaming!!!' when the covenant responds. I see your point about making it Diameter, though.

Vocis and Mica are disconnected from the rest of the stories, so their updating can come whenever they are ready. I will check to make sure the seven veteran grogs are updated. I will unshroud my mysterious intentions here, for I plan for Moe to die off naturally in his sleep at the start of winter. He is 101 years old, he is the last grog from the 90's version of this saga, he is under utilized and not well known of, and I want to make room for Player Companion Characters to shine (Moe was elevated to Companion when I relaunched the saga we are currently playing).
Roberto is finished up to winter, here and on the wiki. So is Carmen I think, I will check.

I'm barely caught up to the beginning of 1234. I started working on advancing Donna earlier and was told to wait, Marius isn't officially in the story yet, and Fleur is still in spring in her adventure. Bart and Adan are barely in the saga as well, but I could work on their advancement, unless that is someone else's job since they are Grogs- I'm unclear on that point.

Excellent. This is how I envision it. Roberto would only accept being "Junior to someone senior to him such as Arachne. Even in status if not by name. Also, Sa Dragonera does not need a Deputy Marshal or an offensive force of any sort. They could use a Warden though, help ensure protection and security of the vis source and our scattered quarters.

Fleur and Donna are not part of the Brass Expedition. We may take Bart along though. Which one is Adan?

Just FYI, I'm typing up a post for the Prelude of Brass thread to try and get everything organized. Please hold off a few minutes before doing anything crazy there :stuck_out_tongue:

Lucas is up-to-date in the thread titled Lucas - 1235. Do you want me to repost him here or can you grab him from there?

At present, my companion and Grogs are not approved. Should I update them through Winter 1235?

Trogdor, when is Lucas' "interview" with the covenant magi occuring?

My understanding is that the interview is taking place in early autumn of 1234.

Cool, thanks. I'm trying to put together a little timeline to post of everything that I think is going on.

As we get into 1235, Bashir will be turning 35. How does a companion go about getting a longevity ritual once in play?

I would think negotiate with one of the magi. I think Bashir would be considered a Consor, per the Charter, and thus is not entitled to one for free.

Ada is the failed monk, and there would be no reason to take him unless he manages to get himself attached to research his rather unusual theological ideas, which probably wouldn't be very useful in reality since he doesn't have any of the local languages... so do I advance the grogs I make or does someone handle the pool of them?

It is probably est if he keeps his head low and doesn't associate too closely with conservative religious types such as Solomon or Roberto. What would make the most sense, in my opinion, is if he came along as a hired scribe under Vocis (a magus with no religious affiliation or preference whatsoever).

Vocis isn't going to the City of Brass. Someone has to keep the covenant from collapsing when all of you get stuck in the Magic realm for seven years. :slight_smile: