General Table Talk

A curious side-effect of the restriction on studying only one Art in any season just occurred to me. It means that the Order of Hermes can't have any low-level general introductory texts. For instance, the following would seem like a sensible book to exist, but it basically can't:

The Beginner's Guide to the Elements
Q3, L2 Summa on each of Aquam, Auram, Ignem, Terram

... I don't have a point, really. Just sayin'.

I react the same way whenever someone mentions "library." Or "bookstore." (Picture the dog from Up, but replace "squirrel" with either of the above, and that's basically me.)

Technically, you can have all four in one book...but you only gain experience points in one art per season, so it would take a year to go through it.

But that's not the answer you're looking for, is it? :stuck_out_tongue:

I dunno if some of yu have seen it, but since a few months, I've been slooooowly writing up, for fun, bits of my vision of what Tremere magi, companions and grogs one could find in Transylvania (as opposed to another tribunal, where Tremere can't rely as much on each other and their house), and putting it on the wiki as a placeholder.

It's far from complete (the magi being the most), but I hope it may prove inspirational or useful, especially for marko (If he needs NPC stats)

andorra.wikidot.com/tremere-magi

Marko, did you get anywhere with the Fortune points proposal?

Quick question now that I am in charge of the library, can I assign the teachers we have to instruct scribes? Maybe just when no mages have a need for them?

Silveroak: go right ahead and have a go at it. Let us view the results and see where we can go from there.

Asliano: there is an HR Table Talk thread on this specific proposal that no one has responded to yet. I am waiting on troupe input.

I think we may have all been waiting for the three posts :laughing:. I'll have a read later today.

Sadly, it appears that Terry Pratchett has died. :frowning:

Yeah, saw that :frowning:
Felt like crying more than once.

This is a good death, actually, as he was spared the slow descent in hell due to Alzheimer, but still, I am sad, for the word is a bleaker place today.

I guess I've come at this age where each year brings news of your favorite people dying.

On a lighter note, I wanted the Spider to be mentor-like to antoine, proposing him to teach him a season in an art, but between her low com and never having an apprentice, she's just such a lousy teacher... Books are better.

Somewhere, Fédora presses her hand to her head, eyes squeezed half shut. [color=blue]"Bitch-sense...tingling!"

It's show week! Well, nearly.

The am-dram production I'm part of (Mel Brooks' The Producers) has its run the second half of next week, so we're into final rehearsals and set-building etc. I might not be around much for a bit.

Congrats!!!

I myself have been working overtime, and my stupid phone has been having trouble accessing the Forums. I plan to post-bomb today, and I ask for patience until the next time I can get access.

Good news everyone! I have a die roller site that stores my rolls and stuff. Also how should I go about registering for the wiki?

Question about the lab rules, is experimenting a valid activity choice for the Elementary lab flaw?

Well, seeing as how Elementary says that "only one category of lab activity (see the list of possible activity Specializations above) is possible at all", and that "Experimentation" is literally the first thing listed on page 112, I would say yes.

Yes indeed.

Sorry for the late replies, I've been busy.

That's great! Good luck to you, rock the stage!

"See that redcap in the corner, over there?" the grog said, holding his stein in front of him to be sure that nobody but his cadet could tell what he was saying.

"Yeh?"

"Don't cross her. Ever."

"But...I thought the redcaps didn't have magic."

"Don't matter. Don't ever piss her off."

"Why come?"

"Her cap wasn't red when she started."

The cadet risked a glance at the redcap, who raised a goblet in his direction in greeting, and blanched.

I'm back! I just need to read up on stuff and get my head back into it...

If Vibria gets married in the spring of 1237 Fleur has a dragon cat for a wedding present...