General Table Talk

Bring Mumbles up to date. And yeah, these other characters may be very useful. It is Trogdor's story, so let us hope he paces it as to include them :smiley:

Also, I have some catch up to do and some things that need motion. I put in an overtime week and had no time off for a week. I am off tonight and tomorrow. I have business to attend to tonight, but late nite and tomorrow I hope to drop bombs. And finish my story for another project.

In other news...
IBT had a character concept we can start working on. Plus we need to figure out how to work QPaC and Cannonball into the game more. And an old pal Jebrick has expressed interest in participation. I encouraged him to start as IBT has; conversations and side characters and stories until there is opportunity to work a character in.

All right, I'll endeavour to get him up-to-date some time today.

How well kept is the secret about Rilcheaux's being an agent? Might Bernat have found out - perhaps they've even met already?

It would be hard to tell without finishing out the discussions in A surprise Visitor.

That was partly because I was busy with starting up school again. I think part of it is Cecilio started in a epic adventure quest and is thus in Limbo when it comes to other threads. Vara to a lesser degree, we should probably figure out what her official status is... the back to Bellaquin thread is probably a good place for that. I'll try to get a post up today in there.

As long as no one feels left out :slight_smile:

I feel like we need to concentrate more on some of the aging games- right now we have games spread out over half a decade, and some of the early ones can signifigantly influence the direction different characters advance. For some reason (I don't think it is necessary given the way Rilcheaux has approached his first diner) we are holding the development of Rilcheaux approaching potential agents until A Surprise Visitor defines what is happening with him, and there are two groups talking about it independently that really haven't talked to each other, and the whole thing seems to be waiting on something that isn't happening... now we have a game in 1241 that Rilcheaux would be useful for and I'd love to have him in there, but he is largely stuck years in the past and I haven't put any time into development because he would be focusing a lot of effort into building those agents which affects everything he does in terms of development... which is exactly the sitation I was trying to avoid when I brought up the question of trying to run quick adventures for him versus abstracting.

There are some threads that I have not been observing closely and don't know if they have ended. The last post or two leaves me hanging. Someone should post "story closed" so I can see that and unsticky it.
Then there are stories that have dragged on a very long time. "The Visitor" is well over a year old. But is reaching dramatic climax now it seems and has become most exciting. "City of Brass" is also dragging on. That is in part on me. I am not jiggling it quite right. But it will work out and have a super exciting conclusion in the end. I am sure indeed it will :smiley:
Now if you are trying to get time to catch up with you so we can move on to the next cycle of years for stories, that can be arranged. Give me a few weeks. I want to reserve Summer 1242 and I want to do a few things.

Just checked on Surprise Visitor. It seems hung up waiting on Solomon to reply to Lucas. Is PoB aware of this? I will PM him.

Does that mean, if we go with Norway and we wind up with a Ridiculously Over Powered magic item, we can stick it where the sun don't shine?

In a manner of speaking. And the continual darkness only lasts a season. A little less actually. Like two months I think? And the sun does peak up a bit. Likewise in summer, the sun shines constantly. I forget the exact ratio. On the equinoxes it is an even split between day and night. The long darkness is unsettling. I remember one time while we were on a deep north expedition, for a week straight the sun rose for only a few minutes each day. We were not up there long enough or north enough for the uninterrupted constant night. Heard of it though. Never had a chance to check out the midnight sun either. There are a lot of cool things I missed out on while I was there. Was busy with trolls and stuff.
And here is something I didn't expect. The style of human culture you would expect after hearing the many tales and legends. It is not at all like that anymore. In the very far north there are people remind me of that bygone era. But its not the same. Most of it is as civilized and educated as, say, England or Germany. Not as advanced as the Spanish or Italians though. But they learn Latin and study academics. We were looking for rune magicians, and found trolls instead. But there was this one Bonisagus seeker. He managed to locate a book about runes and myths, written in Latin.

Sorry, I am sucking. Part of the problem being that Bernat has a lot of catching up to do... I will endeavour to actually get stuff done soon.

No worries :smiley:
Don't stress.

I'm afraid I'm in the hospital with heart issues and will be until at least Wednesday. My posting may be spotty.

omg! Get well soon my friend!

Take it easy, and get well. I know what that can be like.

That's scary. Get well and take it easy. We'll still be here. :slight_smile:

Nasty! Take all the time you need.

I will also need some time to catch up. But for me it is because of work and being lay.
In the meantime, I pray for Trogdor's recovery and hope for the best
And I will plunk down post bombs by Wednesday

I'm out of the hospital now and stuck to a portable defibrillator for the next three months (Sort of like Tony Stark used to be in the early Iron Man days). Aside from feeling a bit tired and run down, I'm doing pretty well. Now I just have to catch up to everything I missed in the last five days.