General Table Talk

The reason she wants it is that in a few years she is going to be making a fertility charm, and these include a craft ability in the total, and she doesn't want to set up a forge just for one charm. If there is another tabletop craft with a better book (jewelry making, or she might ask Ferarri for either lessons or recommendations for lessons, but with a book there is the opportunity to set her authors on creating a fast track learning process.

Just a little apology, word landed on me and I've been quite busy. I planned to stay a little more today to do Ars, but I've got a quickly worsening headache (now typing with one eye closed, and the other half that) so that'll be a pass.
(Trogdor, answering you later, I wasn't even able to read you properly)

Just, in case I missed the reply or he missed my message or something, if Peregrine is still around, could you send me a pm telling when (both in game and out of game) you want Changer's Granddaughter to happen? Thanks.

She forgot phoenix-egg thief.

Sorry for running silent, but I was away for a long weekend then buried at work catching up.

I can do that. He's not exactly the character I'd have made for myself, but he's important to the saga, so I'll take him on.

More on Solomon.

I'm trying to sort him out. It looks like he hasn't been properly updated since 1230. He has things listed on the advancement sheet that refer to invented spells I can't find anywhere. And I'm not sure how he managed to invent a level 65 InVi spell in two seasons. The numbers just don't add up. I'm working to come to grips with that one.

I'm going to try and bring him up-to-date as best I can. But it'll take some work. Also, I'd like permission to fiddle with some of the books hes studied and spells he's learned to make him more my own. These would all be things that haven't even been entered into his character sheet yet.

I'd prefer you didn't mess with Solomon :slight_smile: It'll take me a few days to catch up, but I'm coming back.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Glad to hear that you'll be back.

Yay!

I'm here, just still trying to get caught up. There is a lot of stuff in the Exarch thread.

I have slowed down on tht thread purposefully,? so take the time you need. A lot of stuff happened there all at once. The entire thread so far are the events of just over 24 hours. And a lot of stuff needs to proceed from there. It shouldn't all happen on the same day.
So, whenever you feel confident, the next post in that thread should be you as Solomon voicing his opinion on whether or not Andorra should host the Flambeau Convocation next year.

Meanwhile, over in the City of Brass, literally nothing has happened with Solomon. He is still just sitting there hanging out talking with the Grand Vhizer.
Selim was freed (from a cell that doesn't lock) by Cecilio. And she hired an 'Afrit bodyguard (who is paitiently trying to explain what it means for a jinni to be bound by the letter of his bargain, no more or less). So we can re-do than paint-the-town-red story better than the way I flubbed it.
But take your time. Remember that I will williningly remind you (and retcon) things to put you at speed. Just as I do for new players. And other returned players. And constant players who always seem to misunderstand what I meant to say. :laughing:

Everyone is free to read and post at a rate most comfortable and enjoying for them. That is why we have multiple story- threads. And why I have no issue with some taking a long time to resolve.

Okay, I am now caught up on CoB and the Exarch thread. I'm not going to have the opportunity to post tonight as I'm finishing up a forum post for a Master's class I'm taking and then heading to bed, but I should be able to get back into the flow tomorrow.

Marko, as far as I can tell in CoB the last thing that happened was that the Grand Vizier offered him some wine and he accepted. I don't know how you want me to proceed there. Are they basically done with their conversation? I don't think Solomon has anything else to say. It sounds like there has been a "time gap" where he's been away, perhaps longer than he realizes, so I'm not sure how you want to address than.

Trogdor, are you still interested in playing Gabriel? I definitely still want Solomon to have an apprentice, but I totally understand if you're not interested.

In CoB, that is pretty much all Solomon is up to. Drinking wine with the vhizer,? talking about anything and everything and it is easy to loose track of time. Roberto and LUcas have realized they lost track of time, and are now prowling the halls in search of Solomon.

Well, carp. There goes my plans A through D.

He's been very much on the back burner these days. But sure, I'm game.

It didn't sound very convincing in my head, either.

But it worked!
:smiley:

True story. I used to have an alien character in a Marvel SuperHeroes campaign years ago (BearDude). He could make Perception checks day in and day out. "Where's the paprika?" "Behind the French bread."

Except in combat. Every time I rolled Per in battle, it was always in the 80s or 90s. It got to the point where the GM secretly made that a racial feature for BearDude's species, that they took a column shift penalty to Per in battle.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I actually stumbled across an article about this just a while back.

Interesting. If you noticed, I started to recant towards the end. The concept of a Minute did exist though. Five degrees of a circle. And there were sand timers and water clocks.
But that is all irrelevant!
People didn't have watches or carry egg timers. An astonomer or alchemist (or a magus) might think in minutes in relation to their work, but only for that and in that context. Non-mathematicians would likely have no concept of such a thing.
But to say "Diameter" seems so artificial to me. No one ever measured or spoke of time that way. If one can observe and measure a Diameter, they have the equipment to measure minutes.
But in all cases, these measurements are derived from astronomical functions.
Now it is bugging me!
How did people speak of small units of time? I am not believing the article entirely. There has to be something people used for coordinated activity and written instructions, I am thinking it may have been as simple as counting. Count of three, count to a hundred ten times, and so on.