General Table Talk

Clocks are not common enough in this period. The escapement is not invented until 1275. By the 1500's there are clock towers in most towns and cities so it becomes more common for people to have a feeling of time as it relates to a clock.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The Order of Hermes might use "Diameter" since its an easily measurable unit of time.

That was my thought. Certainly no one in the real world ever used the term. But that's probably because nothing was ever measured in diameters. Magi, on the other hand, have a large number of their spells measured in terms of a diameter. So that's a very important time period for them. So awkward as it is to say for those of us in the real world, I assume that magi use it as a regular unit of time. It would be basically shorthand for the-duration-of-a-short-duration-spell.

You bring a militant overconfident loyal Flambeau into a confrontation and expected... good times.

Yes. Yes I do. :mrgreen:
And that is exactly what we have had. Good times, and one of the more exciting adventures I have yet played. Don't listen to Roberto. He is soft hearted and still feeling guilty about a war that took place 30 years ago.

A Minute is much easier to measure. Actually, probably the same. It would require an astrolabe and observation. minute is 5 degrees, a diameter is 10. The word "Diameter" was never ever used. The word "Minute" was historically used in this dy and age, but only in relation to astronomical time/distance. Not at all the way Roberto was using it.
I wonder about cooking. As a chef, I know it takes exaactly 11 minutes to boil an egg or cook pasta. Presuming water is at a boil to begin with. And watched pots do boil. I have watched them :slight_smile:
I also know from experience that counting to 100 at an even pace takes about a minute. A medium burger is seven minutes and well done is 10 (or 7 if you press it).
Blahblahblah.
But Cidito is only a cat, and is only hooman education comes from wizards. Cats can't tell time or estimate distances they cannot see. A familiar, maybe. But the whole point of the exchange was to roleplay Roberto's anxiety.

A lot of things which required timing was done through song before there were accurate clocks that were widely available.

At the club, the average time per song was two to three minutes. So I had a habbit of flipping the burger or steak and checking trmp every time a song changes. And I estimated every four counts of sixteen beats was about thirty seconds give or take.

Out of curiosity, what is this:

referring to?

A faerie monster previously located in Fleur's garden regio which was adapted to be a guardian of the Sa Dragganna regio.

Cool. When did that happen? Also, has anyone explored the island? I still have an interest in running an adventure regarding that.

Spring 1237, War in the Roses

So, reading through the last 4 pages of that thread, I see that there was a beast and that it was subdued, but there is nothing there about it being transported to Sa Dragonerra. Am I missing something, or was that in another thread?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Fleur's garden is part of her sanctum/regio on Mallorca, in the Sa Dragonera satellite campus of the covenant.

It may have been discussed in another thread about what to do with it, the idea seemed to be leaving it on Sa Dragganna was the most effective use of it, where its story could spread and help keep people of the island and away from the vis source.

I thought Fleur was on Ibiza opposite side of the island from Roberto. I remember that adventure well. He had beaten the thing in combat and was about to kill it, but then it pleaded for life in a human voice. Mister hard ass Flambeau is really a big softie and spared the life of the creature in exchange for being a guardian. So, via Fleur's gate, the Beast is now om Sa Dragonera. Magi have still not explored the place, though Fleur has discovered that mundanes are scouting around the shores of it.

Hmm, okay. And what are these mundanes you speak of? As far as I remember the island is uninhabited so they are from somewhere else.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Party people. Kids looking for a place to have fun without being observed by "proper" society. In the Ibiza thread, the guy talking to Feur mentioned his cousin is lanning a burning man fest there. On the south end of the island, the opposite side from where our vis is. And there are impassable hills between there and there. The kid mentioned that this is the only part of the island accessable by a ship. He mentioned a plan to get a bigger ship with a small boat on it, and using a boat to try and explore the north end. Feur is trying to discourage him from doing that. I as SG am trying to introduce potential grog recruits and cause some potential worry.

Donna has been pretty much lying around in the background... if we want to retcon in a sword...

I have no problem with that. And I (Vibria) assume(s) that this would be on the covenant's tab as part of her living expenses. This one looks pretty spiffy (best I could find in two minutes of gis), and probably a dragon design etched onto the blade if that's doable.