General Table Talk

Fertility magic maybe? Iirc it is in ancient magic as a truncated/incomplete old system

no, it is not in fertility magic- I remember discussing the spell on the board...

I was also looking at the old covenant stats with the loyalty and all.
I do not want to go through the hell of recalculating and reformatting. Hell, I am looking atwhat the change of Forums did to Roberto's character sheet. It is legible, but a total mess.
I myself would rather focus my time on playing and running stories. If someone wants to volunteer, have at it. Otherwise, I am gonna keep it loose for now.

I agree that it's a lot of work for little return to calculate things too fine. That's why I did a back-of-the-envelope calculation to convince myself that we have a pretty loyal covenant and don't need to worry about that too much. Whether it's +3 or+4 or +5 is just a matter of degree. I just wanted to make sure we weren't in the negatives. And it seems that we're comfortably in the positive numbers.

I've tried searching for some things on the board without great results. I'm not sure the search function is as robust as it was on the previous forum.

Marko, I saw that you updated the stats for Andorra as of 1245. Isn't Antoine of Verditius gone? Or did you simply leave him there as a placeholder for Marcellus?

Refer to the old one for now. The new one is a work in progress and should be read from the top down.

Like, I am literally doing it right now at this very moment in time an space, about 2:16pm Central Standard Time on the 11th of December, 2019
:smiley:

I am trying to rebuild the stats page for the Andorra PbP game. Is there a way to "pin" the first post, so that it is read from the top down? Is there a way to create links to specific posts, so that I may create a table of contents?

Stupid new froums, grumblegrumble, back in my day HTML was grumblegrumble
:laughing:

Maybe this interests you given the approach of the saga and it's time frame.
https://quisestlullus.narpan.net/eng/1_intro_eng.html

RamonnLlull is a scholastic Catalan author of the late xiii century, located between Barcelona Mallorca and Valencia, but he travelled extensively. If you can read his book of beasts it is quite entertaining and a cool allegory of court life and medieval morality. His other works are religious praising God and less interesting IMO.

Here you can see how medieval Catalan of the period of the saga looked like, in fragments of his opus.

http://www.rutasramonllull.com/en/reading-ramon-llull-1

1 Like

:wave:
Just wanted to drop by and say "Hi" - I used to control Antoine ex Verditius, his shield grog Philippe, and Bernat the spy. The forums have been emailing me.

I'm afraid I really don't have the time to come back and join in, but you should know that that makes me sad, because I enjoyed Andorra and your style of storytelling very much. If you want to keep Antoine (and his monkey, Lemon) quietly on the staff, please do feel free. If I ever have a little more spare time, I'd love to come back, but sadly I suspect I won't.

2 Likes

Just reread the bellaquin part of faith and flame. I see what you did there Marko, you sneaky git!

1 Like

This will always be the first thing that comes to mind whenever I hear "Welcome to x, hope you survive the experience!"

(This was the second comic I ever bought with my own money, when I started seriously getting into comics in high school.)

2 Likes

I remember reading that comic back in the day!

1 Like

It was a common trope for Marvel comics in the 70's and 80's :smiley:
I am nowhere near finished, but I have made major progress on reformatting and updating different parts of the covenant. I have not messed with the wiki at all. There is a wiki function on this forum, but I have not figured it out. The work I have done today has taught me many tricks and features, and inspired me to invent some work arounds. :smiley: :smiling_imp:

I need stats.
:smiley:
First post of the topic

I am still getting used to the new forums and format issues. They system has cut me off from deleating posts for a few hours :smiley:

If any of the magi at the main site around the end of Autumn 1244 want to meet Marcellus of Verditius as he arrives, Lucas passed a message to them to come to the keep for a meet-and-greet. See the topic " Welcome to Andorra Marcellus, hope you survive the experience! (Autumn 1244)"

Thanks. It probably would have been a good idea for me to have said something about that myself. I guess I just assumed people would be reading the thread.

In that vein, Trogdor, you may want to check out Gabriel's apprenticeship thread, I asked you a question there.

Thanks for the heads up. I must have missed that.