General Table Talk

Mark, you may want to check your posts at the end of the thread at Doissetep. You quoted me and didn't say anything. Then you posted a copy of that post, too.

Oops!
I'll fix it later. headed into work now (Excalibur/Vision nightclub, Chicago)

Fixed

Writing will be slow for a bit - broke a bone in my dominant hand this morning. Work will also take longer as a result so I'll have to spend less time on the boards this week. I'll keep up, but I'll be terse.

ouch!
get well my friend :slight_smile:

Ouch!
Be careful. You don't want this healing badly, especially as it can give you pains in your old age.

(Lol just saw marko and I had the exact same first reaction :laughing: )

Apparently, the website isn't sending me notifications for this forum. (It is for Canaries and Bibracte,though.) I don't know why, as I'm subscribed to the forum. So, basically, I didn't see the posts for Vibria until almost bed time (yes, it's 19:30 and it's almost my bedtime...sucks to be me). I'll let it marinate and post a response tomorrow afternoon when I get home from work.

Oh, and I just unsubscribed and resubscribed, we'll see if that works.

Guys, right now I am all frazzled nerves. Had to call the sheriff about my landlord third day in a row. Please be paitient a few days as I deal with this. My mental state is shot at the moment.

Ugh! Good luck with that.

Luck is one of my skills :wink:
Actually, I need prayer, not luck. I don't believe in luck or random chace.

Heh, get enough training in quantum mechanics and chaos theory and you'll change your mind. :wink: Of course, there is a lot one can control, too.

On a separate note, I got the images for Guillaume and Astrid to load from a different host. Yay! I only loaded them in his main page, not the work page. I discovered in the process that I forgot to write in his description, so I'll have to update that.

Happy Thanksgiving Andorra!

To those in the USA, Happy Thanksgiving.

I need to run a spell by the troupe.

Painted in Flames - CrIm 10
A group of targets are covered in illusory flames. While the flames neither inflict damage or emit haptic species, they may cause a brief panic among targets who do not recognize the effect as harmless. Also, the flames serve to render invisible targets visible and make targets much easier to see in darkness.

Base 1, +2 Voice, +1 Conc, +2 Group

Yes, yes, it's Faerie Fire. :blush: I could see arguments for Rego or Ignem requisites, but wasn't sure if either would be necessary. Any thoughts?

I'm assuming the give off light like a fire. Light is Ignem. That would be CrIg with a Rego requisite (see Coat/Cloak? of Flames) to have it follow the person.

That'd only create light, not the illusion of flames. Check Phantasmal Fire, it's CrIm(ig).
Agree on the Rego req to have it follow the person, though.

Right. Good point.

I must have read that spell half a dozen times yesterday and didn't make the connection. :confused: With Phan Fire as a model, I can drop the CrIm base back to 1, +1 for Ignem, +1 for Rego, +2 Voice, +1 Conc, +2 Group...Cr(Re)Im(Ig) level 20? Does that work?

Sounds good.

Agreed.

Don't forget, though, that there's a reason PF is base 3 :wink:
Although I don't think the tradeof is worth the cost in this case, your flames, being unable to produce sound or touch whatsoever, will be less believable.