General Table Talk

I agree, but believability is secondary. The spell's main purpose is to pinpoint targets that can't otherwise be seen.

Question on mustering out...

Are items of quality considered Extra/Other (Minor) or (Major)?

Good question.
An Item of Quality takes the crafter only a single season and costs them a pawn of vis. But it requires an Inner Mystery and the bonus is limited by the crafter's Philosophiae score.
hmmm...
A bonus of 5 or more counts as Major, 4 or less is Minor.
Eh?

Considering I'm looking at a sword, I'm certainly on board. :slight_smile:

Couple more questions...

Are mobile rings allowed in this saga? I don't have a preference either way, I just didn't see them mentioned in the HR post.

What are the troupe's thoughts on this spell from MoH?

If I were to bump that range to AC with FFM, this becomes a much more flexible version of Summoning the Distant Image. How does everyone feel about that special Target, especially when combined with AC range?

I need to meditate on it...

For what it's worth, I see nothing wrong with it, as long as you understand that

"The Target is based on Room, but is more complex as it allows unbounded spaces to be targeted. Any area comparable to Room can be targeted", which means that you'll only be able to see a room sized area at a time: Just like, when using Summoning the Distant Image, you wouldn't see what's past the room's doors and windows (as that's outside the Room target), you won't see what's past the spell's area of effect... but will be able to move that zone^^.

So, for 1 more magnitude, you've got a spell that can see a similar zone, but ain't limited to rooms and can be moved, albeit slowly, in order to see more. Fine! :smiley:

For the rings: good luck, marko :laughing:

Luck is one of my skills 8)
This might make you holler though...

I will allow a ring to be mobile if the ring is a pre-existing and is a permenant solid object and if whatever this ring sits on or is affixed to also moves. So a ring drawn or laid upon the ground or floor doesn't work. A ring stitched into a flying carpet does work. But this carpet has to be mobile already before the ring spell is cast on the circle stitched on the carpet.
A ring worn on your finger doesn't count because only part of you is in the ring.

Now I'm gonna wait for people to yell at me about why I should not allow this :slight_smile:

That sounds reasonable. But, by mobile, do you mean able to move under its own power, or capable of being moved? For example, a D: Ring, T: Circle variation of Endurance of the Berserkers cast on a rug that, as part of its pattern, has a large circle in the center. The spell would, naturally, be traced along this pre-existing circle. Would this spell work if the rug were mundane in nature, but placed on a cart so that the subject is seated within the circle on the rug in the cart? Or would the rug have to be enchanted so that it could fly, and the subject is seated on the rug within the circle, regardless of whether the rug actually goes anywhere?

This is just theory mind you.
I say if that the surface was naturally motile at the time of casting the ring spell, then fine. By "naturally", I mean alrady able to move even if it is enchanted to do so.
A rug with a circle laid out on a cart works, as long as it doesn't move in relation to the cart (you can't move the ring around abord the vehicle).
To cast it on the carpet and move the carpet later does not work. Likewise, if the cart has a broken wheel and cannot move, it won't count as naturally motile.

Does the Fast Caster virtue apply to certamen initiative?

I think so. Not sure. Anyone else have thoughts on this?
I wanna incorporate spell mastery in Certamen, combatants agreeing on a specific sspell and using their mastery as a fighting school.

At first glance as a totally biased observer, I don't like that at all. :confused:

Most people don't, so it never took off.

Fast Caster = Cast spells in combat.
Certamen isn't spellcasting. Whether it can be considered combat is debatable. I'd say no, it is a different animal IMO (Note: Arachné has fast caster)

Spell Mastery in Certamen, I fear this might be too much for those with flawless magic.
I can see what you're trying to do, but...
Ok, maybe something stupid. Why not create a Certamen School, that gives you a kind of Certamen-related Special Circumstances when using a given form that allows them to add +3 to any one of Attack or Defense, but locks your final spell too (say, you weave the certamen energies over your target, which imposes a specific magical effect).
So, for exemple, you'd have the Flambeau Certamen School, which may grant +3 to Attack or Defense if using Ignem as a form, but means that your final spell must be, say, a brand imposed on the target.

Just an idea in the air, don't know at all if it is balanced.

No one likes spell mastery Certamen, so nevermind :slight_smile:
You have a point on Fast Caster though. I will go with that (roberto got Fast Casted against in Certamen in Bibracte, and he still won initiative 8) )

Sorry I haven't been more active the last few days (nowhere as active as I'd like, here, or as I was hoping to be). Been a pretty bad week, family-health and work-sucks-stinky-monkey-butt wise. Hopefully, in the next couple of days I'll be able to go through the story thread and get caught up.

It's all good. Hope things get better for ya :slight_smile:

Question about the Knights of Seneca: are we a subsection of milites or are we entirely separate? Trying to figure out what kind of dynamic there will be between Vulcanus and Guillaume-- whether it'll be an overarcing sense of general camaraderie, or more of an "us against them" kind of thing.

And another question: Is there any chance Tiana would have been involved in ratifying or reviewing the Andorran charter at any point? If so, she could reproduce it perfectly, but not without revealing to people outside House Mercere that she has skills the House wants kept under wraps. (Who's going to let you study from a summa for a pittance, if they knew you would then make a perfect copy of it and ship it back to Harco? Nobody!)