Hogsmeade Tavern

Which seasons will martial training be vailable? Also what is the SQ of our instructor?

Which skill are you after?
With the range of NPCs training could be allocated in any season for one to one training. Seamus and his men will train others as part of their work, providing a fair score in almost every ability. Source quality of 7-11 depending of what skill you're after.

Probably single weapon, thrown weapon, and brawl, in that order of importance.

Magi or companion training?

Single weapon SQ is 13, Thrown 5, Brawl 8.

A season in the year is reasonable to train one on one with Seamus allowing that it's part of his duty.

If you don't have a contact (buyer or seller) or cultivate one, then you can buy and/or sell through the Redcaps. One visits the covenant about every other month...so, once or twice a season. Or, you can talk to the resident Gifted Redcap.

Yes. Every full gets one share. That's determined at the Winter meeting and distributed at the Spring meeting. In case of conflict, it's determined by drawing lots. I'll sit down and figure out how much is spent and what the surplus is this weekend, barring family situations.

Depends on the Verditius. There are four in Loch Leglean, four in Stonehenge, and two in Hibernia.

Yes, and yes (at least theoretically).

Single Weapon is available in the spring, and Bows in the summer.

Depends on the teacher and the number of students. Cearban (the Single Weapons teacher) can impart up to 10 xp for one-on-one instruction, but most likely will be passing along 4 xp if she's teaching from 4 to 15 people. Mairead has the same Source Quality, but can only teach up to 10 at a time.

I'm assuming the Teachers & Trainers list is up to date. I don't think I've added any of the newer characters.

Library Staff should probably include Duncan and Finn, unless a better place has been found for their abilities (they are a bit over-educated for simple scribes, on the other hand they are each one level in Latin short of being able to write books)

Elid promised to teach Angus Parma Magica in the spring, what SQ would there be for that?

Just to confirm, based on my understanding, companions are now allowed to take training, read books, etc. and are no longer limited to 15 xp per year.

Is that correct?

I'm also uncertain as to the status of grogs. Are they still limited to 15 xp/year?

I don't have him on the wiki yet because I'm not sure how he would fit in, but if Allister could give some training in Latin to Finn, he would be a point away from a 5 in Latin, which would allow him to write books. As he stands he is a decent teacher (SQ:21/18/15) as well as a scribe (profession:scribe 5)

I'm sure we can find a free season for Alister to teach Latin, assuming that's allowed for grogs.

How will Arthur allocate his time as an assistant in the lab? He gives a whopping +10 to LT as an assistant, so I imagine he'll be in high demand.

This year he is setting up the labs for Angus, he has just gotten out from under the thumb of Nocturnus, so he hasn't given much thought to marketing his abilities at this point.

Although if Finn were to take over that responsibility (he has Magic theory:4, but no supernatural background, so all he can do is set up labs and copy books- though he could also write if his Latin were raised...)

Com 1 + Teaching 6 + 3 + Single Student bonus 6 + Angus's Apt Student bonus 5 = 21.

Yes. For grogs, you can just apply 15 xp willy-nilly, or you can use the advancent rules on page 67 of Grogs: 7 points in one ability (Vocation), 4 points in another (Practice), and 2 points each in two other Abilities (Exposure). If you take Teaching or Training (e.g. being taught Latin or Artes Liberales), those seasons would replace (in order) a 2-point season, a 7-point season, a 4-point season, and the other 2-point season. So, our theoretical grog being taught Latin would gain 21 points (if being taught one-on-one by Alister), then 7 points Single Weapon (Vocation), 4 points in Survival (Practice), and 2 points Folk Ken (Exposure).

I would assume this applies more generally as well, so you could do 2 seasons of practice, for example. Just so long as we start with the 7, then the 4, then the 2s, right?

I'm hoping the craziness is almost over. I have a new job starting after I leave this one. Now we're looking for a home so we have somewhere to go when we lose this apartment. Hopefully that will be settled shortly, too.

Can we add Corbin's lab (that of Cainneach ex Miscellanea, and earlier Cináed of Bonisagus) on the map in that blank area devoid of building?

I hope things calm down soon for you.

Anywhere in particular you want it in the open spot?

Also, while I'm updating, where are the other cottages that were made?

No reason apart from others areas might be a bit crowded. We have to find a place for the others new building too, so I doubt that area will remain empty.

Edit: and having the room to later expand the lab is better, gardens and other aesthetic things.