level 10-15 spells

The Mind's Mayfly
ReMe 15
Requisite: Muto
R: Eye
D: Conc
T: Ind

Causes the target to consistently transpose one word or idea of the caster's choice for another word or idea of the caster's choice. Thus a Lord who wanted his horse brought to him might order a sheep to be saddled. Or a Turb Sergent might order a grog to be rewarded instead of flogged. The target has no idea he is misspeaking, probally bringing some ire if he is consistently "misunderstood".
(Base 5, +1 Eye, +1 Conc)

The Wrong Turn

ReMe15
R: Touch
D: Diam

This spell causes the target to make a wrong turn in a direction of your choice, whether using a map, Area Knowledge, Navigation or road signs to set his course.
(Base 5, +1 Touch, +1 Diam)
NOTE: This spell would be much more useful with Sight Range, and Sun Duration, making it a level 30 spell which causes someone you see to be hopelessly lost for the duration.)

It would seem that no house rule would be neccesary, and I can hardly take credit for the RAW.

But moreso I was thinking of the Stamina roll you suggest to avoid the humour imbalance resulting in a worse wound because of disease.

I also support the idea of giving the spell a negative modifier to "phlematic" art as a balancing act.

Muhahah :smiling_imp: tempting
Maybe another disciple ready to petition Atlas for PDF? Personally I just moved to a bigger place last year, making more book case room available. And Cause and Cure is the best Ars source on the bodily humours...

The Inconveniently Soiled Trews
Re(Cr)Co(Aq) Level 15
Base 02 / +02 Voice / +01 Diameter / Cr : +0 / Aq : +02

The target of the spell loses control of his sphincter.
At the same time his trews start filling with water.

minor zap
requisite-creoperdo5
effect-you shoot out a smal lightning bolt out of your finger at the target
duration-intermidiut(about 1-12 seconds)
target-indivigual
range-sight

The insta-warp spells have nothing to do with the extra warping for this spell

I gave it warping as if it were a continual powerful effect rather than a continual weak one (p168) but upon reflection I no longer think that the balance issue warrants screwing with the standard warping rules.

I treated interest as an emotion (as you can glean from the final level). I think this is appropriate. The spell does not change the target's state of mind (grumpy, horny, jubulent, etc) it just makes him more interested in what the teacher has to say.

I had decided not to go into specifics about the bonus originally as I didn't know how to link it to the rest of the rules. Then the lab personalization rules came up on a different thread. From page 121 of covenants

ergo if this level 10 spell is used to teach. The lab gains a +1 to its teaching specialization.

I truth I had only originally seen teaching as a story for why the magus came up with the spell. It's real use is in getting people to listen to you.

With a 250 pace wide wall of sand much of the sand will be outside of the range of the spell. This isn't against the rules but it is odd.

Dry sand has an angle of repose of (if I recall correctly and I might not) 38 degrees. That makes your sand wall more than a little bit pyramidal. It means that you can walk right over the top of it (of course making a big sand wall that collapses and buries everything would be a fun spell too).

Wall of Protecting Stone (page 153)
Is 25 paces wide at Voice Range
So i based my calculations on this

I was thinking more of casting the Sand spell along a road.
For burying people i would have made it 40 paces high.

Once again , Abe
You are posting in the wrong thread.
Erik asked for spells based on this quote.
Please respect those who are genuinely posting 5th Edition spells.

I think I would rather get hit by lightning, thanks. :laughing:

I guess there should be a social penalty ,
but was not sure what to assign.
:slight_smile:
I see much amusement as inebriated apprentices practice making the grogs incontinent.
With a Herbam requisite , you could substitute olive oil instead of water.
This would be just that much worse imho. :smiling_imp:

minor zap is for protecting your lab,thussly it work for r&d(in that it dosn't effect the mage that cast the spell in the first place.)of course it could be a spotanious spell as well.

Abe your spell is not 5th ed. and it is not lvl 10-15.

So it does not belong in this thread.

Curse of the Untended Straps

PeAn 15
R: Voice
D: Mom
T: Part

This incantation destorys the straps and leather underpinnings holding many of the things man uses together. Thus metal armor falls to pieces, a backpack disintergrates, and a large part of a saddle comes undone.

(Base 4, +2 Voice, +1 Part)

Presence Free of Biters

PeAn 10
R: Touch
D: Ring
T: Circle

Creates a ward which causes any animal that attempts to enters it sharp pain, usually driving it away. The caster can set the size of animal that will feel the pain when it is cast, allowing some animals to pass comfortably.

(Base 4, +2 Ring)

Your text makes it appear that the target can avoid the burn itself by makeing a stamina roll. I don't think that this coincides with the spirit of the rules. The burn should be applied regardless. A stamina + applicable personality trait roll may be appropriate to prevent reacting in some way to the damage.

I'm not sure what sort of penalties I'd give for sunburn. Treating it as a light wound is both severe and boring (why not just use wound that weeps). I'd love some better ideas.

Ok, I changed the description a bit.

My thoughts on the spell were it would be useful to distract guards without tipping them something "magical" was going on. The "Sight" range would let a mage cast, hopefully, from outside detection range.

Shower of Oil
ReAq 15

This spell takes the liquid contents of a flask sized container and, with a successful targeting roll, puts it above the head of a target then lets it fall naturally onto what is below. The title of the spell refers to a common use for this spell, requiring only a torch to cause a couple rounds of +6 damage without having to worry about pesky Magic Resistance (assuming the liquid was mundane to begin with).
(Base 4, +2 Voice, +1 unnatural)

Boiling Pool
ReAq 10
T: Part

Causes an area of water about 5 paces across and 2 paces deep to boil into steam, causing + 3 damage on the first round and +0 the second. A target immersed in the boiling liquid does not get their armor's protection. Moving out of the area will negate the second round of damage.
(Base 3, +2 Voice, +1 Part)

Would this have a required Ignem requisite for the boiling?

I don't think so, turning water to steam is listed specifically in the Rego Aquam guidelines as not requiring a requisite, the boiling is really just a cosmetic effect.

there is boiling hot steam and them there is "steam" like a fog or the cool mist humidifiers...I guess it could go either way.

Hmmm, good point, but for my money steam is hot, mist is not.