So Faeries is in the pipeline, finishing the Realms of Power set. Weâ€™ve already had three Houses of Hermes books, so whatâ€™s next?
Do wiser heads have the next 10+ supplements pencilled into a schedule that stretches to 2012, or is there space for idle speculation about interesting supplements?
Obvious ambitions could include new Tribunal books, particularly Transylvania and Thebes but also Hibernia and Provencal. Not to mention 5th edition versions of those Tribunal books that are showing their age, Rome, Iberia and Loch Leglean.
And if I had a magic wand to command what next, and/or the ability, patience and time to write some of these, then how about:
- Covenant specific books, ala Mistridge and Triamore perhaps focused on the Domus Magnus of each house. With some good reason why players would visit.
- New Wizards Grimoire (sorry) dull but useful
- Book of Legends, short 4-5 page cameos focused on myths, legends and big beasties
- Hedge Magic II, and/or Ancient Magic II as their must be more out there
- Ancient cult books e.g. Cult of Mercury digging deeper into how the ancient cults and religions operated and used magic.
- The other big magical traditions. Books on Mythic China, Mythic India, and/or Mythic Islam (not sure Levant did it justice)
- Historical Order books. For example Order of Hermes on the eve of the 1st Schism war or at other significant points in hermetic history.
- Future Order books (similar to above). Perhaps the 2nd schism war (1280?), the Templars (1300). Black Death (1350), Early Witch trials (1400), Rise of the Ottomans (1450), The Renaissance (1500), or the serious Witch trials (1550 ono) and the Winter of the Order or Hermes
My fantasy would be an Ars treatment of both China and India, which the Mongols are bringing into increased contact with Mythic Europe. Lots of cool legends, magicâ€™s and technologies in Song China.
And/or an Order of Hermes book on the Renaissance.
So idle speculation time, what else would Ars fans like to see?