OOC Discussions

I totally understand, Arthur. Good luck in your future ventures, and I hope we see you back here some time.

Wish you the best, Arthur. It has been a pleasure playing as much as we did.

Thanks all for understanding and for the good wishes. It's been a pleasure!

FYI, I have a bit of a crazy schedule this week. I probably won't be able to post until this weekend.

FYI, I will be out of the country and away from my computer from Thursday, October 13, through Monday, October 17. Unfortunately, I won't be able to post during that time.

Hi everyone,

With Arthur's unfortunate departure, I'm lucky to have been granted by Jonathan the opportunity to join the troupe.

For the short term, while I come up with magus concepts to run by you all, I'll take on the role of Hugh.
Domazhir, maybe it would be worthwhile for us to collaborate on a shared reason for the arrival of our magi at the covenant? Either they set out together, or met along the way?

I'm looking forward to being a part of the great stories that are already unfolding!

Emelric

Emelric,

Welcome aboard! It will be good to have more players.

John

I've sort of been on hiatus because I chose to stay at the covenant, and we've just finished off the first season there. More action exists for the people who jumped through the gateway. I guess before we can move on, they need to get back to the covenant, or we need to do a search and rescue.

Is Arthur's character Bartholomeus now an NPC - he does unspecified research and perhaps if Arthur chooses to return, has a number of seasons of research he can apply?

New players, Jonathan wants us to create new threads where you describe the how characters got built. I think we are waiting for those, so we can figure out the saga - it would be different if you came up with just-Gauntleted magi vs one with a century of experience.

Thanks for the welcome thompsja. I've started a post for my magus, but have to say I'm a bit stuck. Considering the seclusion of the covenant, how would my magus come upon it? So far I've come up with two ideas that don't seem overly contrived, but I'd appreciate everyone's feedback. Figuring out how to get him to the covenant will help me develop his background, and maybe even his preferred Art(s).

1. He is also a Tremere and learned of the covenant through House channels (less a fan of this one)

2. He came across information relating to the covenants location by investigating or by cleaning up a Tremere covenant that overran itself through in-fighting as some of its members succumbed to the plague.

I'll keep trying to come up with other options.

Once developed, I'll advance him to about 30 years past gauntlet.

You can simply be fleeing the Tribunals.

Alternatively, there are two Tremere at the Covenant. And the Transylvania Tribunal has been sealed off. If your character did not make it in the border in time they are stuck outside.

Thyra's back story is that she is part of a contingency plan of the Tremere. The Tremere sent her to this location. So any other Tremere might also be sent here.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

We've only had our first season at the new site. You simply could have been delayed, or agreed that you needed to come later.

This fits best I think.

What would either of the Tremere characters think of having a fellow apprentice, with whom they trained for almost half their lives and formed strong bonds of comradery, run off at the first chance he had to join House Flambeau, to pursue his often-shared dreams of personal glory? Could their friendship survive his betrayal of House Tremere? Would/could they keep in contact with him? Would they tell him of the site in Finland once their contingencies were triggered?

I like the concept of a runaway Tremere apprentice, and will likely use it regardless of what the answers to the above questions are. But it would be interesting, I think, and provide more depth to have a more personal connection to a magus at the covenant.

As for Arts, I am leaning toward taking a major magical focus in either destroying elements or controlling elements. How broadly should the focus apply? For instance, would a major focus in destroying elements apply to spells that target metal, or heat?

Gentlefolk,

Apologies for the silence. I'm neither dead nor ignoring you, I've been full of lurgi, making me dimmer than usual (from a low wattage starting point). Still trying to shake it off. When the small furry critters that are currently infesting my brain have left the building I will post something more useful.

Ivan

I would think running away from an apprenticeship to another House would be difficult/impossible to do just based on the Code. An apprentice is the property of his master. There is just no way any other Magi would accept them as it violates the Code.

A more likely scenario would be that you developed a flaw that the Tremere did not like and they traded you to the Flambeau. You could have run to the Flambeau but have been traded otherwise without your knowledge. It would take some thought for a House to get rid of an Apprentice after they have opened their Arts. Even more for another House to accept it ( not being Bonisagus).

Look at the list of flaws that House Tremere find "suboptimal" (HoH:TL pg 131) or work out something that would not violate the Code (which has to be a trade).

Ah, I hadn't considered that. Say he completed his Gauntlet, and quit the House afterward. What would the answers to my questions be then?

That is much easier to do. I think it would make a good backstory. HoH:S pg 14 shows the way. You would need to have a sponsor in Flambeau and then pass their Gauntlet. You might consider spending 10-15 years as a Tremere soldier/hoplite which would allow you to work with a Flambeau that would sponsor you. Then you can take 15-20 years as a Flambeau.

If you do the above, Thyra would not care.

Alright, sounds good. Thanks!

Hi everyone, I have at least one more question about designing my magus, and there might be more. So instead of adding to the posts on the OOC thread, I thought it would be better to move to the thread for my character. Please head on over there and leave behind any feedback you care to.

It's been 30 days since we last heard from our beloved storyguide. Has anyone heard from him at all?