outside events and OOC

Just finished Frederic :slight_smile:

yes, I'm going to start another thread for this, since this one is supposed to be for a different topic...

I noticed in the roster thread that you specifically included grogs whose players are not active, but you also included Aurelio, Galiana (both companions) and Syrus (a magi). Was this intentional? If so should we play them communally (i.e. put them to work) or will you play them as NPCs?

Personally I'd like to keep the companions, but not pay upkeep/build rooms for the mage (unless the player returns of course).

Last time I went through and edited the roster it appeared that Bangawah and Exasperated Cultist were still playing... They have been removed from the spreadsheet

Blergh, I've had sooo much computer trouble recently. Gonna try to pop some Groggies up.

So who thinks an adventure to the city to try and purchase some mundane books would be a good idea?

Maffeo can do that he hast the gentle gift.
At least he can check what books are available.
Maybe he will find some of the ones we are β€œmissing”. :astonished:
We should give him a list of the content our library once had.

Frederic would be happy to cover his back.
β€œI do not burn books!!..Not by intention!!” :smiling_imp:

We desperately need anything on Latin and Artes Liberales, plus anything else he can find.

Some local knowledge like area lore Malta or the history of Malta would be helpful as well.
Or Philosophy

Basically everything one might write a book on will be helpful.

If this is mentioned to Tomas, he will comment that he would really like to find a text on improving concentration. He is not at all sure he has even heard of one, but it would be very helpful. Separately, this is David's sort of thing, but he will not be back till winter.

We can throw the book shopping In in the 'delicate matter' thread, or simply summarize what is available in the book shop.

I think summarizing will be fine. All - also keep in mind we will be doing one or more adventures to tribunals next year to buy stuff (mostly books).

I think there might be room for bargaining, but summarizing the travel, initial inventory and such would probably work.

Books from the caravan which were sold in the book shop:
L5 Q 20 Artes Liberales summae 'studies in Greek Literature'
L8 Q11 Philosophae summae 'elements and forms'

the shop also has a number of other tomes, including several 'vulgar' books and the following:
"Legal code of Malta" Q:11 tractus civil and cannon law
"Legal history of Islamic Malta" Q:11 tractus Islamic Law
"Rhetoric and argument" artes liberals summae L:3 Q:22
Qur'an (in Arabic) L:8 Q:11 summae Theology:Islam
"The stars migration" Q:11 tractus artes liberals

So Euthymios is not there but it'd probably be a good idea to get the sold books back. Although that really makes me wonder what happened to all the OTHER books the caravan was supposed to have. A copy of the Qur'an would also probably be useful given that I don't believe we have one and copying the Qur'an is sometimes a thing done for devotional purposes. I mean not really useful to the magi, exactly, but the covenfolk probably shouldn't be forced to abandon their religious practices, just encouraged not to keep their religious buildings in the same area as the magi's labs. Dominion auras could eat up the very very nice magical aura.

Did Euthymios actually succeed in recruiting anyone in the summer or did he just tour Malta? If the latter, does he have any ideas about where to go for recruiting now that he has a better Area Lore score? I believe the number last given was that we needed 11 servants, but that could probably change to needing rather more than that quite quickly so I'm thinking he'll probably be more forward thinking about the process of finding new covenfolk and try to plan for the future.

Also I realized today that my 'Ring of Warping' spell doesn't actually work due to me missing this line in the Creo Vim guidelines 'Spells that grant Warping cannot have a duration of greater than Momentary' which makes sense but I'll need to adjust that to a Sight Range version of Enigma's Gift that grants three warping points instead of four. Same number of spell levels but the spell actually works. Sorry about that.

Buy 'em all. At this point none of them are redundant.

[tab][/tab]Yes please buy whatever you can (drools on the thought of more books)

We should be careful with the payment fort the books! It is not good if people outside of the caravan get the impression we have lots of money.
To by the books we can use someone who appears as a person that has no link to us. With a bit Muto Imaginem for example.

I am slightly confused by one thing.
In "A delicate matter", sponting the corpse took long term fatigue. I believe spontaneous fatiguing spells normally take short term? Am I wrong? Is the long term note an error? or does the long term note indicate an effect I am unaware of?