outside events and OOC

It means the storyteller was in a rush, it should have been short term.

Thanks. Such things happen.

I´m just working on the shield grog for Frederic (Gustav) and have some points left.
I was thinking to put them in ac craft.

What do you think the covenant needs most ?

Looking at my costs chart, I would say a brewer or other food production type position, since this has a cost of 40.5 lbs a year before cost reductions and this number is likely to grow as the population is increased, and any given category to improve this can reduce costs by up to 20%, or 8 lbs a year (cost reductions are either skill or skill/2+1, depending on the specialization (a vinter would be skill, a baker skill/2+1)
on the other hand there is a lot of construction going on, and the masons can only absorb 1/2 the cost, so a carpenter could be a useful addition as well.

Brewer sounds good! I was planning to give him the flaw “weakness (drinking)”. :wink:
With the brewer option I´m a bit concerned he might have to many opportunities to be drunk.
Is it possible to get a drunk person sober by use of magic?
If yes: What tech/from combination at which level would that be?
What are the penalties for actions if drunken?

Carpenter is also a nice one, maybe with less problems.

It would depend on how drunk. Passed out is passed out, otherwise the penalty could be anywhere from barely drunk to a massive penalty to everything and extra botch dice.
As for magic I'd say base 20 CrCo:heal debilitating aftereffects of disease, poison or injury

If you're going to the garden of Yam I recommend only taking a Yam, or if you're really hungry Yams. I'm not sure why you would take any sort of fruit from the Yam garden at all. It would probably be a horrifically warped and toxic Yam for starters!

Those Yams are just Aquam vis masquerading as a vegetable. No nutrition, but highly hydrating, like a good skin cream.

Silveroak/JeanPatrick - would you rather I make a new thread for Julia's character sheet (because I cannot edit her existing one), or prefer another post at the end of her existing thread?

I have decided to take her to 7 virtues/flaws and I'll take over her xp tracking/expenditure as well and want to know the best place to post those.

Go ahead and make a new thread.

I dont mind, but I would like to have some input in the selection of virtues and flaws. There were some qualities that would make more sense as virtues, e.g. student of the divine. In the end it's more of a technical distinction, but I feel what is part of Julia's essential nature should be a virtue.

It occurs to me that the journey home thread would be a good place to introduce a steward manager type which we are distinctly lacking.

We're probably more likely to find a quality candidate in Pisa than in Malta. The only trick will be in convincing him to take the job. :slight_smile:

Depends on what we are looking for in a steward manager type. According to the rules (Covenants) he/she would need Profession (Steward) or Profession (Chamberlain), preferably both.

What we have is Master Paphos, who has been acting as an autocrat in the sense that he is overseeing the folks at the covenant and seeing to recruitment, assignments, etc. He has a high leadership, but is completely lacking in either profession.

We also have Garcin, who for the lack of anyone better, has taken over leadership/training of the turb. He has decent leadership, but a companion would better fit this role.

Neither of the issues have been addressed more than peripherally by the magi, and despite my inner inclinations, I have no actual desire to take over the covenant (Vulpus might, and I will channel my inner megalomania into him.)

One way we could do this is long term - have one of the new "apprentices" slowly grow into the position by doing it long enough to become an expert.

Someone to presumably act as the autocrat. Its not technically needed, but a good one can convince people that having their wages slashed was a good thing! Anyway the idea to explain why one would show up is Faerie! Specifically a Faerie that wants to place himself at the start of a new venture, dead center so he can reap the vitality from everyone! Nature should result in all sorts of growing pains which he can stick his nose in, and he'll be positioned to both make sure obstacles appear if nature has trouble AND they are overcome if the venture begins to flounder. Of course, he's used to more banal fair, but where's the spice in life otherwise!

I just saw this and while I understand where you're coming from, this can lead to sky high craft totals. For example, Paphos can easily make SQ between 10 and 20, which can give 100-400 xp using this current rule. After a few years making art, there will no longer be any effective limit on Craft Masonry levels, even for grogs.

Consider an apprenticeship where the sole instruction is to study a single piece of artwork, a very good one, with aesthetic quality of 15. A mere 15 seasons later the aspiring artist has graduated with a skill of 9 well above usual apprenticeship methods, without requiring a single season of instruction by the master.

Where this really gets abused is when Tartessos starts studying the artwork. Verditius Runes level 30, here I come!

This scenario is still possible under current rules, but would at least require having made many different good pieces of art.

Edit: Or am I misunderstanding this? Will we get rid of Aesthetic Quality/2 = SQ and instead use the square root of number of pieces as the SQ?

Source Quality of 10 to 20 is really hard. Unless you're adding IoQ into the calculation, I'm not sure how you're getting Paphos making something with a total of 40?

He is currently optimized for an aesthetic quality of 20 (SQ 10), but will quickly be able to raise that through a variety of means.

Current:
Dex 5 + craft 10+[strike]Inventive Genius 3[/strike]+ (1/3 artes Liberales) +1 +(1/5 aura) +2 +(items of Quality) +6 + Terram +7 = 36, can make an Aesthetic Quality [strike]36 (SQ 18)[/strike] AQ 33/SQ 16 piece every two seasons with current stats. His terram score can go up quick, and helpers can decrease the time spent.

This is a theoretical maximum; in reality he would make AQ 20 pieces every season or faster.

Edit: I keep forgetting IG does not add to artwork. However, we have a familiar that can grant Free Expression (+3), He can increase his Terram Score to 12+ very easily, and both Artes Liberales and Craft scores will go up, abeit slower. In just a few years he can hit AQ scores above 40 fairly easily, using just the resources we currently have.

Hmm... wasn't time needed doubled at 10+ for art? Seem to remember so...

yes, doubled at 11+. triples at 21+. etc. However, art can be produced in as little as 1/4 season (very small item, plus assistants) before the time multiplier due to quality.