Provence summer 1202, a matter of honor

She will follow that person, to see who it is.

The person has a substantial head start and is moving away from you, you follow them down a couple of streets and see they enter the church.

Watching the church's exit, she will find a shadow to wait.

After a few minutes a man you do not recognize re-emerges with the lantern and a priest, but rather than head back to the inn they are headed somewhere else first.

Time for her to be on her way. Part of her wanted to go back to the covenant, and if her suitor ever dares to send someone else, to destroy them from afar. And another part wanted to confront him.

Finally, curiosity overcame her. She needed to meet this person, so that at the very least, he can't say that she didn't even give him a chance. The magic she invested in her cloak was nice, but it wouldn't last long enough for the long journey ahead of her.

She walks back to the inn, and into her room, and begins her preparations.

When she returns to the inn she can see it is abuzz with activity, and the front room has more people than before and more lights.

She will approach gingerly, gauging the reaction of the people.

As she opens the door everyone jumps and several people grab makeshift weapons. They seem to relax when they see her not wrapped in a cloak of fog but you notice the man who brought you here barricaded behind an overturned table who definitely notes your entrance.

"I am sure you'll be pleased to know that I will be leaving your presence tonight." And with that, she goes back out, and heads on the road, towards Paris. Once she closes the door behind her, she will wrap the cloak around her, and start walking towards Paris, hoping to leave the town, and the Divine aura, behind her.

The man runs out of the inn after you. "Are you crazy? You are going to walk, wherever you plan to go, by night outside of town, with demons and Cathars and who knows what else about? With no money for food or lodging?"

With a whirl Typhannie turns towards him, her face showing great anger "YOU don't get to tell me what to so! It was your fault that I was attacked earlier, and my staff lost! And you know what?! I am sure that unlike you, I can better defend myself against the Cathars, any bandits that might be out there, or anyone else out there." And she gets close to him, making threatening gestures "And if I EVER see you again, I will make you regret ever meeting me!"

His voice remains calm "Perhaps you can defend yourself better than I can. Can you feed yourself better? Provide better transportation? Do you want to show up at your fiancé's place looking like a beggar? I have two jobs, to give you the information, and to get you there, and yes I do want to get paid for each. Your fiancé and you are at odds, I get that, that does not mean we need to be. As to your stick, another walking stick can be provided to you, it is hardly the world's largest expense. "

Her voice drops to an icy calm as she gets close to him "Clearly, my 'fiancé' hasn't bothered to inform you that I am a Magus. I can feed myself, even with no money, and if your ruffians back there didn't attack me, I would have been able to get to him in a manner that is both faster, and better suited, and in much better clothes. And that 'walking stick' as you call it, it is far more than that, and I will make sure that those ruffians, and whomever holds it, will pay dearly for it, so help me God. As for your payment, I do not care whether you get paid or not."

"Really madame, I would not announce such things, especially at this moment, when the locals have sent for the priest and guard to hunt down whatever demons caused the ruckus at the barn. I do not know what knowledge my employer may or may not have had, but I can assure you that you will be far better off arriving in a carriage than on a broomstick, however much time it may save you."

"Am glad to see you do not refute the fact that the ruffians who assaulted me were sent by you. When I conclude my business with the man who sent for me, I WILL come back for you, and them, and for my 'walking stick' as you referred to it. And I will make sure your employer knew you stooped so low. Now stand back, or I will make sure that you won't see the light of day again!" She will glare at him, to gauge his reaction, and is ready to lash out if he makes a wrong move.

"I was not aware I stood accused of employing those men, I doubt it could be proven one way or another, nor does it sound like you are inclined to believe any such denial. Believe me when I say that the last thing I wish is to be on your ladyship's bad side. I have been employed to bring you to his palace, nothing more. If you are wishing to head that direction I am sure we can come to some understanding that benefits both of us. What happens after you arrive is, after all, none of my business. However I would suggest we discuss this inside before the guard arrives." He stands out of your way with his hands out beside him to show he is unarmed.

Under her breath she says "Too late for that" And then starts casting a spell, in front of him.

Basically it's like Air's Ghostly Form (the spell in her cloak) with the following base:
R: Touch, D: Diam, T: Ind, Arts: CrAu 5
Except she's casting it as a Duration: Sun which pushes it to CrAu10.

Casting Total: Crea +9, Auram +16, Int +2, Magic Theory (Auram specialty) +5, Diedne Magic (double lowest Art) +9, Major Magical Focus - Weather (double lowest Art) +9: Total of +50

You cannot double up diedne magic and a magical focus, the lower art can only be doubled once. I have mentioned this previously with another player- I will check but I believe it is in the house rules thread. Thus you only have +41. You also did not include the -6 penalty for divine aura, which brings you down to +35.

edit: it was not, I have added it.

OK, the spell still goes off, but will keep it in mind for later.

The fog forms around you and the man simply shakes his head and walks back into the inn.

Moments later 4 guardsmen arrive accompanied by a priest, who shouts to you in Latin "Begone foul demon, I banish you back to hell, in the name of Jesus Christ!" as the guards knock their arrows.