Table talk (Bibracte)

I like that description. (of course, when someone describes a girl with "a big personality," I usually think of something else entirely :slight_smile: ).

((Apropos of nothing, for Fiona's proportional height and weight, she has a shape pretty much like this – semi-SFW, if you're allowed to look at cute chicks in bikinis.))

It's odd, that link takes me to a different picture...
I had to quote the post and copy and paste it into my address bar to view the actual link
cockeyed.com/photos/bodies/l ... udy_L1.jpg

Previewing my post above, the URL above does work. Odd.

He is trying to get around her being Giant blooded. She does have character ( as I would call it).

Oh, yeah, I got that. I just found it an amusing turn of phrase. Not knocking it or anything - far from it.

I seek approval for the following items...

75bp of covenant resources...
Items given Roberto by Santiago with the intent of sharing them with Mons Electi in effort to earn their favor.

Grimoire of Novus Mane, 220 levels of spell lab texts (44bp)
MuAn15 Doublet of Impenetrable Silk
CrAq25 Alchemist's Revenge
Cr(Re)Au30 Wings of Soaring Wind
CrCo30r Gentle Touch of Aesclepius
CrCo40r Incantation of the Body Made Whole
ReCo35 Leap of Homecoming
MuIm10 Aura of Ennobled Presence
PeIm20 Veil of Invisibility
ReVi15 Transfer the Essence of Vis

Scroll of Santiago, 80 levels of spell lab texts (16bp)
CrAu20 Fist of Jupiter
MuHe15 Aegis of Unbreakable Wood
CrIg25 Wrath of Reculed
CrTe20 Sphere of Delendos

Title & Deed to a Share of Tagus; granted by Master Santiago, approved by Grandmaster Antonio. (15bp)
The knights of Seneca hold a collective claim to an isolated valley near the Tagus River in Spain. In said vale exists a weak magic aura, and the herbs and other natural objects there accumulate vis in the Form of Ignem. This deed entitles Roberto to a share of this vis and use of this land, paying an annual dividend of 3 pawns of Ignem vis. Santiago’s intent is for Roberto to share this vis with his new covenant, but if he is not accepted or relocates, the title goes with him. It is not necessary to travel to Spain to harvest the vis, it may instead be acquired from Redcaps who hold a small reserve on account in the name of the Knights of Seneca.

Fist of Jupiter
CrAu20
R: Touch, D: Mom, T: Ind
You discharge a thunderboltupon whatever you strike with your touch, inflicting +20 damage. Those hit by the thunderbolt must make a Strength stress roll of 6+ to remain standing.
(Base 3, +4 unnatural, +1 Touch)

Wrath of Reculed
CrIg25
R: Touch, D: Conc, T: Ind,
Req: Rego
This spell creates a jet of flame that emanates from your hands, shooting out up to twenty paces in the direction you choose. Anything caught in the path of this flame suffers +15 damage (-1 per pace of distance). Aiming is usually easy for this spell (+1 on Targeting rolls), but going against strong winds can be difficult (-1 or more). A jet is a natural form of
fire that can be found various places in the Middle East and Medditerainean.
(Base 10, +1 Touch, +1Requisite)

Sphere of Delendos
CrTe20
R: Per, D: Diam, T: Ind
This conjures a sphere of steel around you that is sufficient protection against most physical harm. The sphere has a diameter equal to your height, and there is more than enough air for the duration.
(Base 5, +1 Diameter, +1 elaborate shape, +1 safely surrounding)

I have some problems with this spell. First, it's doing damage equal to its level, which is inconsistent with many other spells that do direct damage. And it has a secondary effect. I have a personal preference for The Incantation of Lightning being the primary damage producer and the other damage reliant upon created winds picking objects up or knocking people over. I'm inclined to say that if you want this spell to inflict damage consistent with the concussive force of thundercalp hitting them, that +10 damage is reasonable.

This one is bugging me for some reason. I'll have to come back to this.

It probably needs to be 6" to a foot bigger, otherwise you're creating a sphere which could conceivably be used against you. Create a sphere, it forms just above your head and just below your feet. Enemies proceed to roll you around for to minutes. Valerian (think of Magneto) would absolutely use that sphere as a weapon against you and your grogs. Range probably needs to be touch, instead, as Per range affects the person and on the person, and this goes a bit beyond that.

I actually haven't reviewed those spells in years.

Fist of Jupiter works out as far as math goes. Take IoL, adjust for range and damage (I figure one magnitude equals 5 points of damage), and there you go. The damage is from concussive force, the sort that results in windows breaking and car alarms going off. I would say you are being picky just to be picky. But if I were to say that, I would be acting like a jerk, so I will not say that.
:smiley:
Perhaps you might agree to +15 damage as a compromise? Or I can just drop it and pick something else.

Wrath of Reculed is pretty much the same as Pilium of Fire as described in ArM4. In fact, that is exactly what it is. The original version was level 20, but I decided a bump of a magnitude to Concentration for a flame thrower effect would be cool.

Sphere of Delendos is a Deus ex Machnia, a legacy and a gimic that Roberto would probably not use. According to legend, which may or may not be true, this was the spell Delendos used to protect himself when Flambeau blew himself up at the Last Stand. As for R: Personal, the spell surrounds the Target with a sphere of steel. Since the caster is the Target, the range should logically be personal. If it was R: Touch, I could use it to capture people in metal spheres, which isn't the idea behind it at all.

These spells may all be found in issue #3 of Sub Rosa, and the net grimoire. But none are really that important. I mainly wanted to come up with a scroll of lab texts that Santiago would give to Roberto, drawing upon their shared lore and combat philosophy. Mainly flavor.
But it is not a big deal. The Novus Mane Grimoire is the more important collection, spells he planned on learning but never got around to it. If you want, I can drop the Scroll of Santiago and replace it with bp's for some study type books.

Wat is more important though, I am seeking feedback on the letter/scene I posted in the Letters thread. Does that work out? Does it fit in wit the story at hand and the plot you had in mind? More important, how does it read? I haven't been doing much writing for a long time, and I hope my skills are not rusty.

Tranquillina is already someone who knows Incantation of the Body Made Whole, and the Mons Electi library contains a casting tablet for it too. Not that Roberto would know this of course; but you might feel like picking something else given this information. (Unless "Invantation" is something different :wink: )

For the metal sphere spell: I can't think of a situation where a CrTe spell would be Range: Personal. (Maybe if the magus were made of stone....) So I agree this would be Touch - and yes, it could then be used on other people, possibly, depending on the spell description.

I am prone to typos :slight_smile:
Can't learn a spell from casting tablet, and to learn it from another magus requires convincing them to teach it to me. And yeah, he wouldn't know (just as I didn't know) any of this. That entire book are spells plucked directly from the old NM library.

As for the sphere, I would argue that Personal would work for this, but also restating it is unimportant and I can just drop it. The Target is myself, no one and nothing else. Te center of the sphere, which is hollow, is centered upon the caster. If it were smaller, it would be a messy self inflicted disaster. Indeed, I recall that I added a magnitude for "safely surrounding". That magnitude could have been used to bump range instead and the "safely surrounding" bit just handwaved. In fact, we can still do that. But that violates the spirit of the design intent. I don't want a spell that is used to capture people in pokemon spheres, which is what T: Touch would result in.

But what do you think about the letter? That is what is important. The contents of the "gift-bag" are mostly just fluff.

Well done Marko! Very evocative. :slight_smile:
The only thing I noticed is the bit about the Lotharingian Tribunal. My understanding is that Mons Electi is right in the middle of the Lotharingian discussion (and seems to be leaning towards supporting it, although I'm kinda new here, hence unsure). So I wonder how pertinent "wanting nothing to do with the rogue tribunal" is to Mons Electi. Of course, the more (opinions) the merrier....

Roberto does't care for the idea, but he doesn,t really care about it either. It's just a cover story suggested by jl. I am willing to go with a better idea if you can suggest one :slight_smile:

BTW, thanx for the positive feedback on my little story bit.. It means a lot :slight_smile:
I have decided to drop any requests for any spells that seem contraversial. Such debates are not fun, I don't feel like redesigning these old hacks, and Roberto doesn't need them. It is enough that you guys let me into this game using an old character and let me get away with his backstory and societas.
Do note that Roberto is not himself overly fixated on apocrapha myths and legend. That is more Santiago's gig, which is why he writes using so many metaphors. Roberto cares about the actual people, the fellows of his societas, his sodales, and more immediate concerns. As for history, his interest actual and undisputed figures such as El Cid and "real" magi of Iberian/Flambeau heroic lore.

I liked the letter and surrounding story.

You can feel free to,adjust any and all build points to maximize Roberto's capabilities. While Roberto may not know exactly what Mons Electi has and doesn't have, I'd like the player to maximize his resources. We can establish some trade out opportunities, or you can chalk it up to a happy accident. The theme of the saga is summertime and the living is easy. Despite the youth of Mons Electi, they are in great shape, like a summer covenant. I want that to carry through to the players and teri met game choices, to some extent.

I'm going to be traveling this weekend and then have meetings all next week ( starting Tuesday). My posts will be very limited during those times.

Not to worry ... actually he is pretty much a moron :laughing:
Really, what I think of Gaston is that he's the stereotypical frat boy (and Eloise is the popular cheerleader). Not without virtues, just ... borderline intolerable. :smiley:

So, on my lap top I have finished the two new grogs and revised the scroll of Santiago to being all printed in cannon spells (mainly from Societates).

What else remains before I can enter the story?

So, that would make Mélanie the jock?

I'm sick. Responses will be delayed...

Okay. Thanks for the heads-up, and hope you get better soon. Being sick sucks.