Table talk (Bibracte)

Boy, it's a good thing you put that "courier" in there.

Well with some of the stuff that's been posted on these threads lately I doubt it'd raise any...eyebrows.

Saw the movie Lincoln this morning. I would highly recommend it. It is a powerful movie.

The one where he kills vampires or the less realistic one?

The one where he kills the cast from Twilight :slight_smile:

But it turned into a political movie

So Oliver Stone was involved?

Not unless they burned him in effigy.

Wife and I saw Flight Friday night. That was a pretty powerful move, too.

I'll even go so far as to say that the character doesn't need to spend the rest of the season recovering, like would be necessary in a regular aging crisis, much the same would apply to a CrCo ritual that would resolve the aging crisis (spending the season in recovery). In the case of a spent LR, the LR was "used up" and healed the character, resolving the crisis.

Just injecting some drama, i figure this is the *bird in the canary telling him to get a new ritual.

*I was going to come back and correct this, but nah...

Aha, that's something I never really knew about LRs. Until now! :smiley:

((Technically, even if Korvin doesn't have a spell mastered with this mastery ability, as a Mercurian, he already knows how to master a spell with Disguised Casting. Off the top of my head, to teach it, though, Korvin, or any teacher would have to have a spell with that mastery ability already. Tranquillina would need to know the same spell without mastery and then she would have to read a Tractatus on that mastery, or the teacher could train/teach.))

((Hmm. So they would have to know the same spell? What if the student (Tranquillina) Practiced the spell for a season in the presence of a Mercurian?))

I suppose that could be alright, it would basically take all of the Mecurian's attention for a season, much like training or writing down a spell mastery tractatus. So it would be a pretty big time sink for both parties. Of course, to do it, the teacher needs to have at least one spell mastered with that mastery to be able to relate the mastery techniques to the spell being practiced.
If you know the same spell, you're going to get more XP, almost certainly. Training is applicable for Spell Mastery, unlike Hermetic Arts... Teaching may still be better.

Fair enough, on all counts. I certainly expect the teaching to take a full season for both parties, no matter what. And I suppose part of the bargain to be struck could always be that Tranquillina starts off teaching the other person spells, including the one she wants the mastery ability for....

Roberto is also Mercurian, according to the definition given in Societates. Not in thought or philosophy, just magical style. I am going off of the theory that Flambeau himself was Mercurian, as was his parens Delendar. Other stories are lies of the Mithraics (or a post schism cover up).
Or at least that is what Roberto was taught. Honestly, he doesn,t bother thinking about it. He lives for the "now".
The best Mercurian Mastery abilities, imo, are Stalwart and Lab Mastery.
I would like to get my hands on knowledge of the Mutantes mastery of Boost. Is that possible?
also, what would the proccess be for inventimg a new mastery? minor brakthrough or somewhat easier?

The backstory you wrote out indicated Santiago had joined the Cult of Mercury. I suppose you could have the same issue as Korvin or any other Mercurian for teaching the mastery...

Ceremonial is pretty awesome for magi who have high MT, Artes Liberales and Philo and need to cast spells well beyond their Arts.

It is possible, along the same lines as what gerg is doing for Tranquillina. You have a Merceris Magus here, he's basically your gatekeeper to others... The ordeals could be substantial, though.
Inventing a new mastery, IIRC is like a minor breakthrough, and has either been discussed extensively on the forum or is mentioned specifically in the HoH:TL book, or both. :smiley:

Cerimonial was originally presented as Mercurian. But the Jerbiton section in Societates mentions that any magus can take it, so I neglected to consider that one.

And Roberto is a long way off from dabbling in original research for now. Future possibility maybe.

Yes, and no. Ceremonial is known to many, but if you don't know it at gauntlet and aren't part of the "in-crowd" then you need to find a way to learn it, IMO. Now that hurdle is much lower, because all you need to do is find a friendly neighborhood Jerbiton, or something. :smiley:

Guys, right now I am in a state of frazzled nerves. Just now had to call the sheriff third day in a row. Landlord problems and harassment. I need to focus on this the next few days and my mental state is shot. Be paitient, I'll be back.