Table Talk (OOC)

Don't be shy when it comes time to remind me I have something to do. That way, if I miss or forget a post, you won't be left in limbo. :sunglasses:

When does the year start in this game?
You seem to be starting at the end of March: Do we start in January or in spring?

If we start in spring, can I have one extra season, because with all the tribunals and seasonal reference, editing would be a nightmare!?

It's not clear by canon, I've always done the Equinoxes and Solstices, but it's a saga-dependent thing.

Anyone in either of the parties with Second Sight would have noticed a small invisible albino poking his head out of the tower a minute or two after the alarm bells ring.

The game start in Spring 1205.

A year starts with spring and ends with winter.

When the bell is sounded, the arrivals were probably too far from the watch tower on the heights (the one completely to the right on the map) to notice a head poking out. That happens before they pass the Oak and at that point they are over 500 yards away from the tower. Even the courtyard is 200 yards away. If you meant another tower in the coumpound, then it might be possible. Still unlikely, as the complex appearance of the covenant is a bit overwhelming to the eyes at first.

Does that mean my character has 41 seasons rather than 40?

Fair enough. Just wanted to establish Wolfgang's level of paranoia. :slight_smile: Once he feels there's no threat he just quietly goes back.

Incidentally, if there's not a tunnel linking the caves to the manor house, he would make one.

Yes, not a problem. Though that last season is probably spent travelling to the covenant with whatever resources and entourage you have. I'd put it down as a non-productive season (exposure only).

About the caves, the story is where you will get a proper description... :wink:

@Arthur I've edited my IC post to fit the context now

1 Like

@Arthur I take it I am now pauses until everyone else has finished their scenes, yes?

Not necessarily. I may have something further to add to that scene, but didn't have the time last night.

Sorry, thought we were trying to wrap up the earliest thread; I assume you want to fudge things so we take the tour together?

I'm still learning your style of doing things so may have made false assumptions.

The tour won't take place at the same time for each of the magi, but they will essentially see the same things, with more or less details depending on their individual interests. I simply won't repeat the descriptions with each of them.

So everyone should pay attention to what I post in the story, even if their magus/maga isn't the one present. Your magi are meeting the same people, being presented with the same setting and being asked the same type of questions.

Then, when all of the first wave has arrived, we will hold some kind of council meeting with all the magi present. It will be the time to add additional questions and establishing some plans for the first round of stories. This story will be completed with a scene when Augustus Nero of Quernicus comes to register everyone's signature of the Charter (probably with Regulus arriving with Augustus to join the covenant).

I probably should have layed out this plan for the story earlier. But I am making it up as we go! :laughing:

2 Likes

I will be mostly absent this weekend. Don't expect a lot a answers from me until Monday.

1 Like

Regulus will propose a few additions to the Charter as soon as possible (preferentially before the Charter is signed, so that there is no need for unanimous opinion). Should I put them up for debate into the Charter Discussion topic? Or in my OOC topic, since this is a thing for Regulus, and not the others?

Speaking as a player: there is no need for the members of the covenant to agree to his motion. This is Regulus' personal agenda. His objective is to have a working precedent, so that he can show at the Tribunal that the system works. If the motion is failed he will take it as practice and try to understand what are the reasons for disagreement so that he can address them as soon as possible.

My intent in discussing this now is that, when he joins the covenant later, we don't need do spend in-character time with him explaining any of this.

You can certainly put the elements in the Charter Discussion topic. He might have had a chance to talk it over with Augustus beforehand, for it is he who actually prepared the charter.

And if the troupe agrees and it doesn't contradict any of the saga's pre-existing constraints, I see no problem including additional clauses into the charter.

When the covenant was founded, it must have been registered in some tribunal, or it wouldn't be a covenant:

• Normandie demands that
  • Alps demands that
    Rhine demands that

Where is it registered?

I understand that this decision is yet to be made? I understand that we need to register only at the Tribunal (the event). The covenant is being founded in 1205, next tribunal is in 1207.

Do we need to show an inclination for a particular Tribunal, since our charter is being notarized? In that case, I think Normandy would be the easiest, since it only requires us to have vis sources. The Alps also require only vis (albeit in larger quantities).

This is one of the things this saga is built to explore.

Tugurium is in a peculiar situation, something that has never been tried before. It is not registered with any Tribunal, but is rather trying to file its Charter directly with House Guernicus, at least temporarily. For some reason, Augustus Nero suppports that attempt (which is risky for him), but it may very well fail. At a minimum, it will raise a legal s**t storm.

In the letters each of your magi has exchanged with Clusius before joining the covenant, that peculiar situation has been made clear. The covenant has basically 3 options, and the members will need to decide which one to pursue:

• Join one of the three Tribunals (Rhine, Normandy, Greater Alps). Each has its own requirements and constraints on the creation of new covenants. No matter which one you would join, the other two Tribunals will be very unhappy with having you at their border and "poaching" vis source(s) within "their" territory.
  • Maintain a neutral status by not joining any Tribunal. That would be a balancing act, hard to defend legally and though to achieve. The benefit is that no Tribunal could impose its rules on you.
  • Push for the rebirth of the Lotharingian Tribunal. This would instantly gather you some allies and some enemies, but would put you in a very good position to influence how that reborn Tribunal is structured.