Table talk: OOC

Good to know that you like my stories. The next one is a bit straight forward. Thanks anyway. :smiley:

I'll sort out my downtime shortly (Including the spell research from last season which I haven't resolved yet)
I apologise if I railroaded the rest of you with the execution of Hedwig, that wasn't my intent (although it was Mariella's) I expected less opposition to my viewpoint and If I had realised it I wouldn't have done it as I think i won the arguement due to the limitations of a pbp game and the time it would take .
So sorry about that

Hi all of you!
I haven't been posting for a while. Again.
And I fear that I will have great trouble to follow the game in the future.

While I really enjoyed this play-by-post gaming experience, I think that a few posts every three or four weeks are much more likely to disturb the game than advancing it.

I don't want you/your characters to wait for me/Yannick through all of the game, so I'll stop playing "Ad Fons", and open another space for a new player.

Surely I'll read what you've been doing now and then.

[color=blue]Max: Feel free to use Yannick as an NPC.

I wish you all the best!

fury

Arf :frowning:

Are you sure things won't get better? I'll miss you

As regards study, for his first season Krispin will scribe:

Gentle Touch of the Purified Body (Medium) CrCo25, Ritual
The Inexorable Search, InCo20
Wizard’s Leap, ReCo15
Trap of Entwining Vines CrHe15
Supple Iron and Rigid Rope (Diam) MuTe5
Exposure: Area Lore - Ad fons. He regularly socializes with the villagers, taking long walks about the town and the forest.

For the second season, he will read Flesh and bone, a magus approach by Henri de Tours (Corpus Tractatus, Q12). I’ll make these changes on the character sheet – if anyone else has dibs on the book let me know and I’ll do something else. Looking back, it appears I forgot to include the adventure experience that I put into Arts from back in Chapter Four. I’ve updated that as well.

A few days just before the council meeting, Krispin will also prepare a few potions in case of emergencies. I mostly want to experiment with this and see how effective this actually is. He will attempt to prepare 3 doses of a potion that allows one fatigue level to be ignored for Sun duration. I roll a 7 and am successful against Ease Factor 15 with Int+MH of 9.

Aw, man. Sorry to hear that, fury. :frowning: You’re sure? I personally don't mind waiting for you, especially if you anticipate things getting better in the future.

As everyone else has said , we are hapy for Yannick to take a sabbatical if you think you will have time in the future

Justus invents PeVi10 Thwarting the Thaumaturgical Threat R: Voice, D: Mom, T: Ind. Similar to Winds of Mundane Silence, but scaled down to affect a single spell. This will counter or cancel a spell if your roll of a SD + (Level + 10) equals or exceeds twice the level of the opposing spell. Countering another spell as it is being cast requires a successful Fast Cast roll. Justus then practices this spell for a season so that he learns to fast cast it. From the lab season Justus gains 2xp in Vim.

Exactly.
I am seldom free to post sometimes myself, we can be 2 slow posters :wink:

I'm affraid I can't promise anything right now :frowning:
It's very likely that I'll be even more busy than usual in the next dozen weeks or so.

I suggest that Yannick leaves on a long-term mission, e.g. spend a loooong time in the forrest to learn to talk with it. That way, I could make a guest-appearance now and then.

Max: You'll get an advance warning :slight_smile:

Have Fun!

Good idea :smiley:

About the seasons, I've just noted that I can (barely) learn the infamous level 20 Wizard's Communion!!! :smiley:
Muto 6, Vim 6, Int 2, MT 3(+1 specialty), Aura 3 = 21 :smiley:

Thus, while I'll still study the parma summa in the first season, I'll learn Wizard's Communion in the second :smiley:

Now, it's up to you to do the same, guys!

Mariella is actually behind , this is for the season everyone else got adventure XP for and the season before. She was writing her group version of Eviscration and needs at least
these are actually the 2nd and 3rd seasons as She screwed up a first season totally
IIRC (We need a seperate thread for lab work as after hald an hour I am of looking I am not certain I am right)
she got 6 points of research and a minor side effect
2Nd season
8 pts of experimentation so thats a success!!!
but with an 11 for modified effect(curses)
Spell fails under certain circumstances.....
Given Mariella's christianity the spell fails against servants of the church (i.e no priests, monks or Church Knights) or those with true faith

invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1804264/

invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1804269/
exposure went into magic theory

Now she is caught up to the two seasons we have just done
and reads the Perdo Summae twice for a total of 30 xp(45 with affinity)
given her affinity that takes her to 105 xp for an art of 14
One more season to max ou the summae...
exposure 4 xp on the local low german

Fury, glad to have you and I bet cameo appearances would be fun! And things could change farther on down the ol' road, too!

Aura? I didn't know I could add aura. Cooool, I'm at 20 (MgTh 3; Mu5 Vi6, In 3). And would love to learn Wizard's Communion in first season. Parma in the second.

This is the vis that are available

• Aquam 8
• Vim 1
• Animal 4
• Herbam 4
• Terram 3
• Creo 3

Every book should have an author, title and game stats.

Unless I'm wrong, you're at 61*1.5 = 91.5 XP, lvl 13, not 14.
I'm at an utter loss how you figured out 105XPs

Vim 5... (still supported by your non-updated character sheet)
And you need 21 anyway :frowning:

For Troupe approval...

Furaxis was a young street thief in the alleyways of Paris when his Parens found him. The fire and drive was evident, as was his Gift. Apprenticeship was odd, even for a Tytalus, as his master downplayed the use of spells to solve problems, instead focusing on and improving his own skills and wits. As a result he is not as much of a closet case as many magi find themselves, and he can still reinsert himself into an urban or social environment fairly easily, or as easily as most any Gifted magi can.

However, it's also true that once he learned to read a new world opened for him, and he threw himself in to it, and now feels that there is almost no limit to what can be gained from the written word and the value that can be gained from by obtaining the right tome. This fostered an appreciation for libraries and the work necessary to create them.

As a result, he is not the sort of Tytalus who sabotages his environment just to prove he can, and he certainly believes the world is harsh enough that it’s not necessary to foul where you sleep. Any fool can light a fire while no one is looking - the fool learns nothing from doing so, and the victims learn only to mistrust the fool. The teachings of Tytalus are to improve yourself by challenges, and possibly to open others’ eyes while doing so, not to cause trouble for trouble’s sake.

He also tends to side with the underdog in any situation, from hard experience at the hands of Parisian enforcers as well as feeling a kinship from his apprenticeship, where he found the odds against himself more than once.

In the time since he was gauntleted, he got in a bit of trouble within the bounds of a nearby Tribunal, and decided that dropping out of sight would be best- and his Parens, who suspected what he'd done, helped him land this position in a more "isolated" covenant, where his habits would have time to mature while staying out of the Hermetic eye.

(Also, OOC, I feel that a SG should provide enough challenges and storylines for the group without a PC trying to cause problems, even more so with the slower pace of PbP.)

Slightly harder to reproduce my numbers as I changed the character sheet but lets have a go
IIRC My original score was 10(+4)
Which meant I had 37 exp (55.5 with affinity) and another 4 xp towards the next level for a total of
41 xp
adding 30 to that takes it to 71 xp or 106.5 for an art of 14

My book keeping for this is eccentirc and overcomplicated
but going off te basic
level 10 is 55 +4 total 59
+45 from study gives 104.

No problem for me. I instinctively dislike Tytalus magi but that's just a prejudice based on the ones I have encountered in games, no reason why it should be a problem

Late in fall of 1195 a bundle of rags was left on the doorstep of the village church in Oldenburg. The priests found a crying disfigured infant that had obvoiusly stunted limbs. The only people kind enough to take pity on the boy were an elderly oat farmer and his wife, Manfred and Olga Habermehl.

They named him Klaus and raised the boy as their own. Despite his stunted growth the boy was quite active and for a few years had a very happy childhood. His parents already old when they adopted him grew frail and sick by the time he was 6 years old. When Manfred died Olga had no choice but to give the boy to the church orphanage.

Klaus was bullied and tormented by the other children. The boy quickly learned to keep his head down and avoid confrontation. A few years later when his Gift finally began to manifest itself the mistreatment and abuse increased. He languished in the orphange until about the age of ten when he was drug from his bed in the middle of the night and handed over to his his new master.

From that point on his life had changed for the better. The man who would be his Parens, placed him on the back of a donkey and took him back to the coventant of Fengheld where he would start his training as a Magus.

15 years later Klaus became Milo Ferox, journeyman of house Verditius when he passed his gauntlet.

Milo is very serious about his work and very impatient with anyone or thing that interferes with it. While he has a kind disposition it can often be overshadowed by his fits of frustration when things do not go smoothly. HE is particularly impatient with the incompetence or laziness of others. During these moments he can often treat others harshly, but is quick to make ammends when appropriate.

I would appreciate some feedback from the rest of you on the following since this is my first 5th edition character. Here is what I'm thinking...

Intelligence:+3
Perception:0
Strength:-3
Stamina:+1
Presence:0
Communication:0
Dexterity:+1
Quickness:0

Personality Traits:
Disciplined +2
Kind +1
Patient -2

Virtues:
The Gift
Hermetic Magus-Journeyman
Verditius Magic
Affinity with Craft (Woodworking)
Affinity with Herbam
Faerie Blood (Dwarf)
Puissant Craft (Woodworking)
Puissant Herbam
Skilled Parens
Inventive Genius
Secondary Insight

Flaws:
Dwarf
Weak Spontaneous Magic
Oversensitive (Disrespect)
Spontaneous Casting Tools
Weakness (Children)
Bound Casting Tools

For his craft I'm considering 3 options
1.Woodworking specialized in making musical instruments
2.Woodworking specialized in Bowyer/Fletcher
3.Metalsmith specialized in jewelry

For arts I was going to concentrate on creo and herbam or terram.

Many people play T's as chaotic stupid a-holes.

"I poked you with a sharp stick when you weren't looking, and that proves... that I can! hahahaha!"

Shoot me now. That's why I tried to read further than "troublemaker", and, hopefully, this character is that, while still following the path of the House, to learn by seeking challenges.

But you're only 1 voice out of several - until your lone comment the silence was deafening. Speak up now if you feel one way or the other - "polite" is not a concern here, the growth of the game is, and at the moment it's your game, not mine.

(And I'll hold comment on your mage, Bruce - but not because I want to, just it's not my place to comment at this time.) :wink:

Updated my post above with more detail. :smiley: