Table talk: OOC

Okay. I think it is the first Winter that we are having our current council meeting. Is this correct?

Yes. Then we will have 3 "free" seasons plus the Tribunal and then back to Winter 1222( i.e. Jan->March 1222)

Save that we began play in winter 1219, so we should be in winter 1221, no?
At least, based on this and the 2 years of marko's grogs, I've come to this on the wiki (Ok, I dumped their season without true logic, but they're here)

I'm utterly lost. My fault, as I was away for so long, but still, I can't understand how we could have spent 3 years. Hell, Wirth is still in Winter 1220 and the adventure at toledo!

Hum, his discount:
Winter 1219: Builds up the pier and recruits pirates
Spring 1220: Study Wintry Grey
Summer 1220: Study Wintry Grey
Autumn 1220: Study Shield of Magic
Winter 1220: Advneture in Toledo

Chapter 7 is in the winter of 1221 that is in December and after the 21 of December so it is the winter season. In a few days it will be 1222.

Gang I am going for a long vacation over the holiday. I don’t expect to be able to post at all until somewhere before the 6th of January. I stated a Tribunal thread so that we can create a few short stories if we wish over the Yule/Christmas or whatever you wish to call the upcoming events.

Saying it was apparetnly a dreadful mistake as within 2 hours I had a raging temperature and have spent almost the entire week in Bed as a result.

So, next "season" will be spring 1222, won't it?

I'll have a LOT of season for wirth and all.

Oh, and I'll try to keep the wiki up to date on this so that, when you want to study a book on a given season, you can check if someone's taken it yet or not.

Oups!
Forgot those dreadfull Incantation/Cursing abilities... :blush:
I hope you're feeling better now

my understanding..

We started on new years eve 1219, which is the beginning of winter season ( we will call it 1220)

So we did winter, spring, fall 1220, Fall was the Sangria in Toledo thread. The current council is in winter season ( which starts in 1220 and ends in 1221). We will have Winter, summer and fall for free development. Spring is used for the Tournament.

After development we will have a council meeting in winter of 1221 which will end 1222.

I think we have the accounting of seasons wrong. Roberto's activies thus far include...
First Winter: there was a storm, damage in the harbor, and Roberto & Wirth manage the labor to get things repaired.
Spring: Refined Lab and installed features (and a 1xp adventure at sea)
Summer: Studied Parma Magica
Fall: Invent spell "Countering the Thaumaturgical Threat" (with the assistance of Havlard & Iolar).
Winter: "Sangria in Toledo" adventure.

Yup, this seems right and coincides with what I had on the wiki for both Roberto and Wirth, putting us currently in winter 1220 (sangria in toledo), with a new spring in 1221.
The "Shadows of The Past" adventure occured within one of those seasons IIRC (which???), but without taking up too much time away from study.

Thus, if we let 4 seasons pass, we'll advance in spring, summer, autumn and winter 1221, putting us at the start of spring 1222. Right?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Merry Christmas Novus Mane!
Best PbP game on the Atlas Forums!

Thank you marko, merry christmas to you all, too :smiley:

I recall we each owe a season of service to the covenant every year (and Max owes us all some back Vis Salary :smiley:). So Roberto is going to write a grimoire of his transcribed Lab Texts. His Latin is 4, times 20 levels, equals 80 Levels for the season. Max, take note and add this to the Library…
• Grimoire of Roberto of Flambeau , by Roberto of Flambeau (Latin 4)
CrIg15 Test of the Flames:
CrIg20 Pilium of Fire:
InHe15 Shriek of the Wooden Shafts:
InTe15 Howl of the Steel Weapons:
PeVi15 Thwarting the Thaumaturgical Threat:

For the record, I guess you're doing this after toledo, in Spring 1221?
And to what do you put exposure into?

And I shall have to decide what Wirth'll do... Maybe write a Perdo Tractatus

I squeeze this in wherever, LOL. The exposure xp will go into Profession-Scribe. I suggest that maybe you also write up a Grimoire of your spells. A tractatus is probably not the most efficient use of your skills.

Halvard did his work last spring.

Can we review how much of the work is needed since the finances are different now? Can we replay the loan?

That was Spring 1220. Winter 1220 was in toledo.

So, we need one season of service in 1221.

Halvard did the service for our liege Covenant. Which one of you will have to do this year.

Well, I can do it.
One season wasted is one season wasted, thus it changes nothing for me.

So if I uderstand correctly, we actually only have two free seasons, plus one season of Tribunal. With one free season I write the aformentioned Grimoire (hoping others will follow my lead :wink: )

Then with my other free season I want to invent a spell.

My Creo Ignem Lab Total is 39 (Aura 6, Int +2, Magic Theory 4 (inventing spells), Creo 5+3, Ignem 8+3, +7 Lab Specilization for Spells). I need 40. So I use the Early Riser non-standard laboratory routine (Covenants, page 108), and gain a +1 to my lab total.

I then invent the following spell…

CrIg20 Wrath of Reculed
R: Touch, D: Mom, T: Ind,
Req: Rego
This spell creates a jet of flame that emanates from your hands, shooting out up to twenty paces in the direction you choose. Anything caught in the path of this flame suffers +15 damage (-1 per pace of distance). Aiming is usually easy for this spell (+1 on Targeting rolls), but going against strong winds can be difficult (-1 or more). A jet is a natural form of fire that can be found various places in the Middle East.
(Base 10, +1 Touch, +1 Rego Requisite to hurl flame and protect caster)

I get 2xps Exposure in Magic Theory, and start with a Mastery score of 1 automatically. For my first mastery ability, I choose Penetration.

It would be sweet if I could take the Flex Mastery I invented for my Sub Rosa article. But in any case, I strongly reccomend this for Wirth, as with Flexible Formulaic Magic he can cast it with a Concentration duration, streaming out a jet of flame in the direction he points for as long as he maintains concentration. Take the Imperturbable mastery to go with it :wink:

Happy New Year Novus Mane!