Table talk: OOC

Okay, people. I have some time, and like to toy around with hero machine.
So, if you'd like, you could give me some indications on your characters, like hair/eyes/skin/clothes color and style, some items they may have on them, and I could do pictures for them. I find this very cool.

Meaning the tribunal will happen in Autumn 1221?

Hum... About your spell... If there's a rego requisite, shouldn't you invent it using Rego instead of your higher Creo?
If so, your lab total is:
36 (Aura 6, Int +2, Magic Theory 4 (inventing spells), Rego 5, Ignem 8+3, +7 Lab Specilization for Spells), 37 with the routine.

If you can't find another solution (help in the lab?), you'd probably better study rego a little more.

D'Oh! I forgot about that. Hmmm... Let me think on it.
I havent added any of this to the character sheet yet, as I am developing it in the Development thread :smiley:

I have an idea for the Melee story or the Certamen for the Tribunal. If someone is locked into either of these let me know.

Enjoy yourself

Iolar
Iolar appears as a young women in her late teens or perhaps early 20’s. Her hair is a vivid Flame red , with emerald green eyes. She has a slight build and is fairly short. Her skin is very pale. She tends to wear silk robes and is usually indifferent to the cold. The skin of her torso and upper arms is covered in a series of intricate celtic woad tattoo’s although these do not continue to her face or lower limbs where they would be normally visible.

As an Eagle She is about 95 cm long with a wingspan of about 230cm massing a good 10 kg large even for a golden eagle.
The plumage colours is a dark brown although the edges of some of the feathers have an unnusual red-gold coloration , with a striking golden-buff crown and nape, which give the bird its name. The upper wings also have an irregular lighter area.

She does not tend to carry much but does occasionally carry musical instruments or a sling (it should be a bow but her strngth is too puny)

Kilica
Tall, dark hair, fairly dark complexion. Hair either cut short of braided to fit under a helmet. Always carries a Twohanded sword, usually wears mail armour probably partially hidden under a cloak or other travelling clothing unless she expects a fight

Iolar
Winter 1220 Sangria in Toledo 5xp Charm, 2 XP Nature Lore
Spring 1221 Iolar Flies off and meets with fellow members of the huntress of the Woods and studies cult lore (Probably at Shadows of the Past unless someone else prefers it happened elsewhere) (Assuming 1 student, a teaching of 6 and a communication of 1 thats 16 xp in Huntress Lore)
Summer 1221 Iolar flies around a lot and studies Ignem from her own vis
dice roll 5 gains 11 xp . 2 XP exposure in magic theory
Autumn 1221 For the Covenant Iolar writes a Tractatii on Ignem - The Fire within which ends up as quality 7. 2 XP in Scribe
Winter 1221 Tribunal . 5 xp in Order of hermes Lore

Kilica
Spring 1220 Practice Great Weapons (exposure in local language)
Summer 1220 Practice Local language (exposure in teaching)
Autumn 1220 Practice Great Weapons (Exposure in local language)
Winter 1220 Practice local language (Expose area Lore covenant)
Spring 1221 Sangria in Toledo 7 xp awareness
Summer 1221 Practice Great Weapons(Exposure in local language)
Autumn 1221 Practice Local langiuage (Exposure in Area Lore covenant)
Winter 1221 Train locals in Great weapon(Exposure in Teaching)

Thanks for the depictions!

I wasn't sure of this at all, so I checked:

ArM p163:
A character may only gain experience from one type of advancement in one season. In particular, a character may gain experience from exposure in all and only those seasons in which he does not gain experience points from any other form of advancement.

This holds for kilica, too. You can only gain exposure XP if you do any activity which does not result in XP, like inventing a spell, doing your job...

No problem , I lose track of how exposure works.I'll go through and make the changes at some point

Oh, and unless I missed it, Kilica lacks one season of advancement for Winter 1219 :wink:

Oh. And when is the damn tribunal??? Alieanus went to the Tribunal and was initiatied into his confraternity, gaining affinity with Ignem and deficency with Aquam + 5 practice xp (By the raw, this should be 4, btw, although there are a few exceptions to this) in Order of Hermes lore... In spring 1221. Obviously, that's wrong.

And it also conflicts with Iolar going to the tribunal in winter 1221.

So, when is it? Spring 1222?

I have an idea for an adventure that deals with some of the hooks in the Covenant but there are some large...issues that would need to be discussed.

Part of the adventure will deal with "cleaning up" unused Magi ( David and Nessor come to mind). If I clean them up then Dragor will go as well.

Marko, can you handle losing Dragor as a character?

Halvard

1219(W) Builds Road and reads Soaring like the Birds 11XP Aurum
1220(Sp) Does scribe work for liege Covenant 5XP Scribe
1220(Su) Studies the Keys to Bonisagus 9 XP Magic Theory
1220(A) Helps Roberto in lab 2XP Magic Theory
1220(W) Refines Lab Refines Lab XP 2 Magic Theory
1221(Sp) Reads Shield of Magic XP 11 Parma
1221(Su) Tribunal 5 xp Order of Hermes Lore <- might change
1221(A) Covenant Work-Vis harvesting 2XP Magic theory
1221(W) Reads Deep Waters XP 12 Aquam

I have not updated my sheet yet. Does refining the lab gain any XP? The Vis Harvesting is an assumption that we have some vis source(s) to harvest that is not a aura.

Would he die or just be relocated? Dragor is not above fleeing for his life :wink:

Okay, Roberto’s new spell idea is gonna have to wait. Instead, he will study Rego from the book “Prominence and Demise”, gaining 10xps in Rego. This takes his score to 6 with 4xp remaining.

So, his entire development thus far is...
Winter 1220: With Wirth’s assistance, manage labor team to repair wharf and breakwater (2xp Leadership). End of winter/start of spring, had a minor sea adventure (1xp Profession-Seaman).
Spring 1220: Refine and Customize Lab (2xp Magic Theory)
Summer 1220: Study Shield of Magic (11xps Parma Magica)
Autumn 1220: With the assistance of Havlard and Iolar, invent a new spell; PeVi15 Thwarting the Thaumaturgical Threat, (1xp Perdo, 1xp Vim)
Winter 1221: Adventure “Sangria in Toledo” (5xp’s in Spell Mastery, 2xp’s Perdo)
Spring 1221: Write out a Grimoire of his spells (80 levels, 2xps Scribe)
Summer 1221: Normandy Regional Tribunal meeting of 1221 (5xp’s Normandy Tribunal Lore, 3pnts House Flambeau Acclaim)
Autumn 1221: Study “Prominence and Demise” (10xps Rego)

I figure Roberto made a good showing dueling in the Iniretle style of Certamen with a few fellow Flambeau magi, not so well in regular Certamen but enough to qualify for Dimicatio, he wone a few of those matches against magi around his age, but against elder magi he quickly crumbled. He didn't do any good in the joust either. But he entered the Wizard's Melee, and won a trophy or something. I am claiming 3 acclaim points, and I will write a short story that will be worthy of those points. I wanted to write one after the rest of you, so I can tie them all together, but I can go first if you want.

I have not updated my sheet yet, I am waiting on your approval :smiley:

Not to give much away but Dragor and David would "relocate" with a possibility of coming back or being contacted but not easily.

My Certamen idea has our team making it to the points round and then being crushed by elder magi. The cabal that want to help Novus Main "fixes some matches to get us into the semis. My idea is the cabal will try to get us into some award to strength the Covenant.

Sounds cool. I need to do advancement for Dragor as well then...

Last time I advanced him was in Spring 1220, giving him 5xps in Profession-Steward. I forget what he did just before that, but that leaves six seasons still to contend with. Employed by the covenant, he spends half his time in our service. So he has three Exposure seasons and three Free seasons. The 6 exposure xps all go directly into Profession-Steward. One free season of Practice grants another 4xps, granting him a score of 2. One nominal free season of practicing Area Lore while he works his profession, gaining 5xps in Novus Mane Area Lore and gaining a score of 1. Finally, he spends a season practicing Entrancement gaining 4xps.

Yeah, that sounds cool. Do all of us enter into the Certamen? Which of us makes it into the semis?

It sounds like we have a team because we can appoint a "team champion" for each round.

With Max's approval, I would have novus Main come in at 21st at the Tournament which is a "titled" position and has a nice reward. This gains the Covenant 6+6 in resources( books, vis scources, pawns of vis, ect). and prestige.

Exposure XP, yes.

IIRC, you also have to specify a flaw you'll remove from your lab.

About the Tribunal... We already had 2 conflicting dates, and now you add a third? :laughing:
We REALLY need to say "tribunal happens in season xx of year xx" :laughing:

So, which date for tribunal? Spring, as per Alieanus (who'll have to love things around a little), winter, as per iolar, or summer, as per you and marko? :laughing: