[Table Talk] Return of Table Talk

"Television Writers" and "Union" are just two concepts that to not always mesh perfectly in my imagination...

Speaking of Unions, we need to establish some questions of these Fae forge companions and see what they say.

1. Will you swear to never reveal to anyone, no matter the circumstances, the Mysteries that you may be exposed to while working with us?

2. Are there substances that are harmless to men, that are painful or dangerous to you? (Iron etc.)

3. Are there substances that are dangerous or painful to men, that are harmless to you? (Fire, etc.)

4. Do you need to eat and sleep and rest as men?

5. Are you skilled in the forge and craftsmanship?

6. How can you be bound so that you will not be compelled or cajoled into revealing our Mysteries?

7. Can you transmute substances, assemble items as a craftsman, conjure elements, or otherwise magically assist your work in the lab or forge?

8. What will you require as part of your agreement to work as a forge companion?

9. What are the banes and taboos you have that we must avoid so as not to offend or harm you that we need to be aware of?

10. Do you know the secrets of the former Verditian that you worked for and would you pass them to your new employers?

And having said that, we should be getting some magical elves working for us. Speaking of magical elves working in a shop, Merry Christmas all!

Considering I've just read the Forge Companion bits in HoH:MC...

1. Considering you are not supposed to expose me to them, yes.
  2. No.
  3. No.
  4. Yes.
  5. Yes, but not as well as we'd like to be.
  6. The word of a Tuatha De is his geas - he is bound by it.
  7. Some can - consider some to have the Touched By (Realm) virtue from City & Guild, and able to make woundrous items. The Tuatha De' are more magical than fae. Those really skilled and knowledgeable make many hermetics nervous. Fortunately, they are few and far between.
  8. Room, Board, and Instruction. We seek to learn new ways of making things, to improve on our old ways, or to learn what we have forgotten.
  9. There are none; We were known to St. Patrick, and many of us converted to Christianity when it came to the isles.
  10. No, we do not.

Far be it for me to remind our verditius magi about a chest they found within Torsten's lab that bore signs of having been magically assaulted, yet remained intact...

And, with that, a merry and blessed christmas to all!

Steve

You Sg will be away from his computer for 3-4 days, visiting friends. relatives, and at least one player who is far away from her home right now.

That being said, enjoy the new years, and may the coming year be better than the last...

Steve

Who all has gone with Azaelle to Asa's quarters?

Not the kid! (It smelled of elves and stuff!) :frowning:

D was still trying to get a consensus on the spy/prisoner, and then was planning on retiring - that or torturing the sorry git. Both are attractive. 8)

Asa, Azaelle and Albertus... can you find something in common. :laughing: Those are the only one there.

Daggin has a name that starts with "A" - well, that's what people call him. :open_mouth:

I like Daggin. Even if Azaelle would like to punch him in the head. :wink:

And the results of Azaelle's casting are known to all...

"Dawn" resisted the spell.

Her cloud of noxious smoke is completely natural. Asa, of course, made his roll to ensure that his vision remains mostly clear, and he's not sneezing and coughing. Albertus and Azaelle are affected for only a round for vision, but are sneezing for another three. Asa didn't make his strength check, and Azaelle botched a dex check to stay on her feet while sneezing while trying to find out what was going on...

Any chance DP is anywhere near, perhaps near enough to react?

He did say he was going to go back to his rooms after the meeting - if that's done, timing would have been about right.

Mebbe?

Daggin can cast any spell he's got with sight range, or spont one, if needed. Voice ends at 50 paces (loud shouting), and the distance is greater than that.

Steve

Summer Results are starting to be compiled. I need e-mail addresses from all active players save Mark and Debbi. PM them to me, if you would, along with character and player name attached to it (My address book is all fubared, and I'm rebuilding - my last backup was in Feb 2007, one month before play; Debbi and Mark's are either quite frequent, or easily identified.

Steve

Ring in the Bull’s Nose
CrMe 25
R: Sight, D: Diameter, T: Individual

This spell creates the strong belief in the target that whatever object they seek, whatever person they are chasing or general path they desire lies in a direction chosen by the caster. The caster gains no certainty as to the truth of the matter, and has only her own personal knowledge at hand to make that choice. If there is evidence to the contrary, such as a signpost, obvious trail or different opinion, the target may be given an Intelligence roll of around 12+, with modifiers for their or others’ Personality Traits and/or social pressure, to shake off their belief, and a group could always split up or over-rule the target. At the end of the duration, the certainty disappears and normal logic takes over, but that does not guarantee the target an instant realization of what just happened.
(Base 4, +2 Sight, +1 Diameter)

Casting Total:
+15 +2 Voice/Gestures +4 Aura = +21 vs 25

Storyguide rolls a 5, for a total of 26.

The spell is resisted, and the fox notices. More in a bit...

Steve

Albertus does not find any AC that isn't already muddled, or will last long enough to do anything with...

Steve

Is Azaelle at the gate yet? Is she a witness to the conversation they are having with the faerie?

You can be, yes.

Steve

Is there anyone that can teach Albertus familari to read. During the summer season? The crow can after all shapeshift into a human.

Several could, should anyone have the time. Any volunteers?

Steve