[Table Talk] Return of Table Talk

THAT! was superb!

From the Grimoire of Acme, magus ex Misc.

Who Wants Pie? Creo Herbam 25 (Animal, Rego)
Range : Touch
Duration : Diameter
Target : Group

Creates a multitude of freshly baked pies (either of multiple types, or a single kind), which fly towards a target the caster designates, if they so desire. Another variant was one that created 10 pies which lasted longer, for a feast of a local faerie lord.

All of Acme's spells have a humorous bent to them, which is his sigil.

Base 2, +2 requisites, +1 touch, +1 Diameter, +2 Group, +1 Larger Group.

You know, I really should post the notes (and the write-ups) for my Bees! stories I ran... Now that's some serious silliness!

The Hand of God got re-routed by the Real Hand of God on Sunday Night. Shortly After posting that, Southern Iowa got hit by a pretty nasty line of thunderstorms - 4" of rain in 30 minutes, 70mph+ straight line winds, enormous amounts of electricity in the air, and no power from 10pm to 1am.

New Story thread is up. Nothing gets eveyone in the same location like a cut scene. :slight_smile:

Steve

Still here. Enjoying pie, ironically enough.

Not much for a grog to do and my characters really didn't fit into the story (which is fine, it happens).

So, after I finish consuming with my confection I'll catch up on the posts and jump in (probably tomorrow).

Sorry to hear about all the kerfuffle in Iowa. How are things at this point?

-K!

Well, they know how to build houses to take it here. I'm still here, and the house is relatively unscathed. There are some branches down that I'll have to haul to the brush pile on Thursday, stuff like that. Most of the gravel roads I live on require a road rally suspension to navigate at the moment (4" of rain in 30 minutes leads to some severe erosion), but they were laying in new gravel and grading it today as I drove home from work...

There's another storm rolling through south of us, with nickel sized hail blown along by those hurricane like winds.

Of all the details I could have gotten wrong, it was Davanellous' Gaelic name. :slight_smile:

Steve

So far, Storms 0, Steve 9. We're getting some serious squalls rolling through just about every other day...

Anyway...

"Mastery", in the case of one's arts, means a score of 5 in all techs and forms, and typically a score of 5 in Magic Theory as well.

If one was to take "Skilled Parens", one could get a score of 4 in all techs and forms. Disregarding any other virtue, it would take a minimum of 15 seasons, with a study source of quality 5, to get a 5. It would probably take much longer to get one's Magic Theory up to 5. 5 years after gauntlet, therefore, is considered the shortest period of time that can pass before an apprentice could be taken, and this assumes the apprentice has already been found beforehand.

Steve

The near silence, only broken by this low whirring sound, is that of the SG trying to rewrite a plot, a reflective metal shader, and horadric cube recipes, only to mix all three of them up.

I should have my plot sorted out shortly.

I've also got to think of something for the home crew to do.

Belladonna:

Any word from Greg, Re : When he'll be back...?

Steve

I don't know. Screwball just fell off the face of the earth! I'll take a stab at calling him.

Hiya all,
Mathius is suggesting that some of the magi go to their labs to work whilst the others go out to gather info etc. This will give us a chance to play the companions and grogs more. I hope I managed to get the right sort of tone in his speech - we are not foolish young children to rush into battle. We are magi, we work to our strengths and defeat our enemies.

Though as to what Mathius might do in his lab is open to debate.....

Start thinking about what you would like your characters to do for the rest of the spring season. When "To Sleep, perchance to dream..." winds up, we'll be jumping to the start of the summer season...

Steve

Mathius will probably try to create an Int Ani device which will constantly tell the wearer about animals nearby - stop any minions attacking them.

Alternatively he could create a device to read animals minds (Opening the Tome of the Animals Mind) to help track down this things minions.

Are we going to be working on building people's labs?

Before any of the hectic stuff happened, Fabrica volunteered to help quarry and move ston for the labs, so he'll do that. If that is not necessary than he'll help set up basic (0) labs for people.

Unless Stephan wants it, Rhiannon will be sorting out the mess that is the library. Be advised, searching for missing books may be an adventure in and of itself... Dierdre will be handling the basic lab equipment purchases, through agents and such. Mab... will do Mab stuff. :slight_smile:

Steve

Azaelle had also agreed to help build labs. I cant remember and I'm being too lazy to go back and look. How many do we need again?

I believe it's 3 or 4.

There are 4 open buildings. 1 is set up as an infirmary, leaving three. Mathius and Fab will, most likely be using Torsten's Foundry and Forge, at least this season (The building is large enough to hold 2 standard labs. However, since it hasn't been thoroughly explored...)

That leave's Glendower's bunker, and Kallias' Lab, which are already established. Both would take a season to investigate and get familiar with (which can occur while you're working in it - you take a -3 hit to your lab total to reflect this)...

Rhiannon can put off, for a season, the need for a lab - she'll need one by winter, though. Azaelle has a lab. That leaves Sheridan, Daggin, Stephan, and one for Fab, if he chooses not to work in the same building as Mathius after this season.

That would leave 2 labs to be built, depending on who takes the 2 that are open (Kallias' and Glendower's)....

2 Townhomes can be built in a season, and one can hear the work of Colin Smith, as several bars of good german steel have been delivered to him, so the tools are forthcoming...

Steve

And Corvus wants a tower. It's only fair...

So are Azaelle and Fabrica the only mages doing the actual building of labs?

I believe that Fab was going to work on a device to easily quarry stone, that could be used by a non-magus to do most of the hard work, and that Azaelle could handle the transportation of the stone to the worksite. There is a mundane work crew coming in, thanks to Angus' connections, but they won't arrive until summer, when construction begins.

The order we place with Colin Smith for tools will be conveniently ready when the masons and carpenters show up in the summer. :slight_smile:

So right now, this is an organize and get projects underway season...

Steve