[Table Talk] Return of Table Talk

Spring Season is now fully under way.

Those of you undertaking labwork, post your totals here.

I'm being generous, and lab familiarization will take place simultaneously with the first season's lab work. More on Torsten's lab, and the many useful devices( that are clearly documented) within will be forthcoming.

A small gang Masons arrive first, and begin clearing the foundations for 2 townhouses and a small, square tower of 2 floors (and a cellar). A gang of carpenters arrive soon after, and begin the arduous process of logging timber for construction. Some materials begin to arrive as well, including the basics for 6 complete labs.

Everyone gets 4 story xp.

Those of you working in the lab get exposure experience for Magic Theory, Arts used (or a craft ability used, for the verditii). Those undertaking craft/profession work get the same for a relevant craft ability or Area Lore.

Construction begins with the summer season, so have your items ready, and suggestions for your allocated points of "Hidden Resources", because they're now starting to be found.

Steve

How many exposure xp? I don't know what you mean by the "hidden resources" thing. :blush: Sorry about that, I'm still relatively new at this.

Exposure xp is worth 2 typically. Fabrica will put that into Magic Theory and will bank the other 4 into learning the Irish spoken around the Covenant, it's not enough to learn it yet though. Here is the item that Fabrica creates:

Fabrica’s Dagger of Stone Chirurgy (Lesser Enchanted Device)

Arts involved: Rego Terram

Effect : Cuts and removes a block of solid stone a pace on each side from a suitable source of material. The block moves at the speed of a normal walk. It is advised to remove the stone towards the top of the source rather than the bottom.

R: Touch D: Concentration T: Individual

Base 3, R: +1, D: +1 T: +0, special effect +1 (removing stone and then moving it to desired location)

Special effects: Unlimited Uses +10

Total: 20 2 pawns of vis (Rego and/or Terram) required

Trigger: Draw with the blade the rough square desired and touch the tip at the center, make a pulling motion and the block will pull out slowly and go where pointed.

Shape: Dagger with a lodestone plum bob dangling from the pommel and the blade is covered in Masonic and Verditian runes.

Lab total: 44 Int: 5 + Magic Theory: 6 + Aura: 3 + Rego 6: + Terram 12 (x2 for Magic Focus): + Philosophaie 6: Craft Weaponsmith score (Verditian special ability): 3 + Inventive Genius 3

qcipher:

Project Duly Noted.

BellaDonna:

There are some 750 points of additional resources, not currently known to anyone at the covenant, lying about to be found. These could be books, vis sources, allies... It could be as mundane as a book that is laying under a pile of parchments in the sciptorium or as fantastic as a regio in the mine wherein jewels grow like trees and metal flows like water...

For instance, Rhiannon has already mentioned seeing one of the Annual Codices of House Bonisagus, lying under a pile of stuff in the library. (A Codice is a collection of tractati on magic theory and the like, distributed by Durenmar, typically 5-10 such works in each volume). Think of it as a trade publication and peer reviewed journal for magi.

The idea was that the "Hidden Resources" be developed by you, the players, and that I use them, bit by bit, as you search around the covenant. It would probably takes a couple of year to catalog everything the covenant has just laying about, let alone investigate it....

So, there should be roughly 100 or so build points a player to create things like books, magic items, etc. that Dierdre, Mab, and Angus aren't aware of...

Steve

Just making sure, does this mean the item passes muster?

Affirmative, the numbers look good to me.

Your lab total is slightly higher; Torsten's lab gives a good bonus to terram projects - +3. :slight_smile:

Steve

Aha! I could have put in that extra thing then. Ah well.

Will those players who haven't said what their characters are doing for the rest of the spring season please do so, by mid week at latest? Our next set of vignettes around Lough Caillte will start on the Summer Solstice. I apologize for not being able to include the more political and scholarly oriented for the opening more, however, opportunities shall arise in summer.

I have a few out of sight things to write to players, so there's a bit of time. However, I plan on taking care of them this weekend...

Steve

I'm gonna be out of the country for 3 weeks From Sept. 22nd to Oct. 14th. I'll be working in London the first week and in Denmark the last two, so hopefully I can borrow a computer for a few minutes here and there and keep up with the story. The fact is, I am a total troglodyte and I don't own my own lap top. Oh yes, now you all know my shameful secret. But if I disappear for a few days, theres no need to drag the lake. I will return. :slight_smile:

Okay, I'm picking this up late I know but can I just clarify..?

We are in Spring now. We need to tell you what we're doing for Spring, presumably either taking story experience (and exposure?) or doing something else (lab work/practice etc).

Are we then also going to have Summer as a clear study season?

Also, Corvus doesn't have a lab this season. Does he need to spend his seasons (Spring or Summer or both) setting it up or are the others doing that for him?

Making assumptions...

If we get exposure as well as the season, Corvus is going to put this into Area (Lough Caillte) Lore. That should be a start. If this is the case, most of the covenant will notice a crow hopping and flapping around the covenant watching them intently (with the crow seemingly oblivious to how uncomfortable his Blatant Gift makes them).

As for the season itself, he'll practice mastery on Spasms of the Uncontrolled Hand (which should give five points towards Mastery and a score of 1). He'll take the Penetration Mastery option.

Obviously, if he needs to sort out his tower/lab then the above doesn't count.

Construction is just starting on the additional labs. Organization of New Labs will be taking place in the fall.

It is currently Mar 25 1220, With the rest of the spring season to go. I need to know what you are doing the rest of the season.

When the summer season starts, I will need to know what projects you will be undertaking for the summer season, so I may interrupt them in a devious manner. :slight_smile: Vignettes will be run around the covenant, meeting people, places, things.

I'm allowing the 2 xp for exposure if you are out and about doing something. Should you lock yourself in a lab or the library, you forego this.

Steve

I'd like to make one modification on the item Fabrica made. Instead of it saying:

It should say it cuts and removes a block of solid stone up to a pace on each side. That way we can move big blocks from the quarry or make smaller bricks very easily. If that's allowed I'd like to make that distinction.

Clarification Noted,

Either you or I can post the Item in the covenant resources sticky topic...

Steve

I'll go ahead.

It appears that Lough Caillte has a neighbor... Let's give a warm Salve! to Slieve League... :slight_smile:

One more day for Sheridan and Stephan's projects for the spring season... CuCuCaChu (an Irish Pokemon?) is still incommunicado...

Starting Thursday, I put together "Queued Events : Spring 1220", which will be posted Friday Night. I expect things to be slow until Mid October, when BellaDonna returns from Europe.

Also, on a more serious note, those of you who have, in the past, expressed a desire to leave the game, now is a good time to do so, if you want, with a seasonal break... If you do not want to write an exit post, drop me an email stating how you would like to leave, and I'll write it up...

Steve

I can keep up with the story from Europe, I think.

<Mr. Burns' Voice>
Excellent....
</Mr. Burns' Voice>

12 hours left until... Deadline.

Steve

Sorry not been online for a while, my internet service died sometime on Saturday. It will be at least Monday before it gets fixed. I'm currently online at a friend's house, but I won't be on for long.

Leon.

Okay, as it turns out, I CAN keep up with the story! I even remembered to bring my character sheet with me. That's probably unhealthy. Oh well...
When do we get back to the story?

As I have also returned to civilization from the wilderness (I went camping to celebrate my birthday), Queued Events should start posting anon...

Steve