The Rudolphious Records (Winter 1245)

"Hello, Robert has been talking about opening a branch library here for the Mallorca continginets, of which I am one, and I expect that if we do so that I will be expected to handle this branch, and would need to devote a lot of my time here. she breezes through the room as she talks, flouncing down across from Evard and leaning forward as she talks so that he gets quite an eyeful of her modest yet prominently displayed cleavage. "So it was suggested that I come over and meet the residents before a decision was made, since this location is where we would need to put the library. Of course I know Lucas from covenant meetings, though I wouldn't say we've exactly gotten close, but if either he or your mother are here, I would love to speak with them about what the plans might look like, if we were to go through with Robert's, proposition" through much of the speech she has let the double entendres hang, neither as innocent choices of words nor as deliberately provocative, until the word proposition, which she absolutely emphasizes and her eye twitches as if she were going to wink, but doesn't. ""are either of them available? she leans back and crosses her legs, the dress riding up to where her womanhood and bottom are not quite exposed, but there is a definite suggestion that if she breathes wrong they might be. She doesn't look directly at Evard, but she does note his, and everyone else's reactions.

OOC: I must confess to honest confusion. Any double entendres that were used went straight over my head, so I shall presume it went over their heads as well. Evard would be the only one to be affected by this act, as he is an adolescent young man. The girls, they will either not care or they will form a negative opinion about Fleur.

Are you sure this is the way she wants to conduct herself?

I mean, I do understand what you are trying to do. I just don't think this would generate the results you want. It seems as if you are trying to use a personality flaw as an advantage. Her Charm score is only 2, Folk Ken 1, and she has no Intrigue score. I'll let you make a roll of some sort, but I figure you need a 9+ at minimum.

( I am reading the char-sheet for Fleur on the wiki, and basing presumptions from that).

What can I say, she is used to throwing herself at men (and women), has the actual social skills of a lab rat, and has noticed that men's wives tend to be hostile towards her and not want her in their homes and is trying to play that up to achieve the ends that Vocis wants. She normally takes the attitude that people will either join her for recreation or they won't and doesn't worry much about it past that, and while she does not have a solid grasp on how normal people function (see covenant raised) she believes this will achieve the end she wants.

Okay, I can go with that. I do not understand why wives would be hostile towards her. There is a specific Flaw for that (a few actually), and (I may be wrong) it seems we are both operating off of stereotypes (which I try to avoid).
The dice are useful for setting issues like this. Give me a roll. If it is less than 9, everyone sees through her act.

I don't know if coyotecode is up again, I rolled a 6 at home, so unless that is modified by something...

Add Presence +1 and Folk Ken 1 for a total of 8. I notice the wiki records no Specialization for Folk Ken. If you choose an appropriate one now (such as "Women"), that will add another +1 for a total of 9. Which is what I said was needed.
OR...
I suppose you could spend Confidence.
Either one will work, and generate the results intended (at least amongst these three here)

the specialization would probably be noticing romantic or sexual interest, so she'll spend a confidence.

Then i imagine that the reaction of the two girls is somewhat like the beginning of this classic video.
Though they keep it quiet and to themselves.

Yeah. Like, I will let Lady Cecilia know you are looking for her. She will get back to you.

"Thank you." Fleur lounges provocatively in the chair while she waits, stroking her lips with her fingers, wondering privately what will happen first, lady Cecilia arrives, Evard makes a move, or Evard has to go excuse himself because he has gotten worked up from her performance...

Evard is in a state of confusion, for he figures she is an easy target to hit on, but the Gift and her demeanor kind of bothers him.

Cecilia eventaully arrives, and is informed that she has a visitor. She spruces up and comes to meet Fleur.

Salve sodale. :smiley:
Fleur is utterly stunned by the grace and beauty and noble bearing of this Redcap.

"Salve, sodale. " she didn't recall Vocis mentioning that she was a redcap. She could forgive him for not mentioning her beauty, the old man probably didn't even realize... well a number of things when it came to that topic. Still she was committed, and she would just have to see what direction this went. "I'm here because it was brought to my attention that Roberto had been lobbying for a library branch on Malorca, and I am under the impression that if this were to be enacted it would have to be located here, in your house but outside the sanctums. Since I am helping to develop the library I thought I would come by and assess the house, and of course it's inhabitants, to see where and with whom I would be spending so much of my time." she holds out her hand and if Cecilia extends her will grasp her hand in a handshake and caress her forearm with her other hand, lowering her eyelids into a "come hither" look as she leans in closer as her voice becomes a bit huskier. "I would look forward to working very closely with your husband and yourself."

She smiles and politely gives you the eye that says "charmed but no thank you" vibe, in response to your "come hither" vibe.
A branch library sounds like an interesting opportunity. If you let the Redcaps manage it, we can turn it into a benefit to both the covenant and the Order. As part of the Portal network, many who pass through here would be willing to pay a pawn or two to study from it.
And your presence can free up my time. I have been wanting to do a tour of duty on the Provencal circuit for a while now. Lucas spends most of his time taking care of the Mercere Quarter back at Andorra, but I am sure he will be glad to help you out as needed.

Fleur frowns for a moment at the idea of the redcaps managing it. "I have some projects I am invested in with regards to the library, between the scribes and the academics, I expect some of them will need to be relocated here for work, I don't know how the sleeping accommodations can be arranged. I know the academics can be very... flexible that way. So Lucas would be available while you are doing a tour of duty in Provencal?" she licks her lips.

Cecilia shakes her head and laughs.
I can read you like a book, sodale. But you can set aside such silly notions. The bond between Lucas and I is strong. So strong that I wouldn't mind if he did. But he is on longevity and is not as interested any more, Same with myself. A combination of age and Longevity.
Lucas will mainly be interested in business. And we can get Roberto to chip in some effort. It is his idea. I heard about his pitch when he made it to Lucas. That is when I came up with the idea of allowing visitors to use it if the donate. My original concept was to grant lifetime memberships for donations. Lucas shot that down as being both too large and too impractical. Last I heard, the idea was dead in the water. I am exited that it has given it the green light.
Another idea I had. This manor house, it is large enough to support a laboratory or two. But the space is wasted. There is a small lab here, very basic, and it has not been used in years. I thing we could add one or two more. Maybe rent those out too. Stock the library with spell lab texts that visitors can study.Optimize the labs special for this purpose.
Quite exciting!
It is quite noble of you to dedicate your time this way. It is certain to distract from your research.

These last words resonate with Fleur. She begins to suspect Vocis has sent her on a wild goose chase to distract her from the lines of inquiry she was making.

" Well, as I said it has not been greenlighted yet, it was simply mentioned to me by Vocis, and he asked me to look into the possibility. Personally I find that working with library staff can generally enhance my research more than distract, aside of course from the more welcome distractions." she looks in the direction of Cecilia's son. "Of course one of the goals of my research is to find if there is a way to ensure the birth of gifted children. I'm sure having a Gifted Mercere as a grandchild would be of some interest to you and your children as well. That was actually what I had gone to speak with Vocis about when he suggested I look into this expansion of the library. personally I'm uncertain of the benefit to using the gates to other parts of Mallorca instead of to the main library at Andorra. I had been hoping to find some notes from Tremere research which had been reputed to have been carried out, but which he assured me was a rumor created out of malice. I must confess I do not see where malice could lead to such a rumor, it seems a noble pursuit to me." she stops her musing suddenly, as if she were going to say more but then thought better of it.

Cecilia ponders for a moment.
Come walk with me in the garden where we can speak more privately.
Even in winter it is lovely here. Come spring, I was thinking of planting an orange tree.
Anyway, yes, I am quite interested in your work. Ever since those Rudolphius twins showed up, I became fascinated with Redcap traditions and superstitions on the matter.
Edvard may yet be a bit young for your experiments. He is but fifteen. My eldest son Stephanus may be a better choice.
Are you interested in matrimony or just child bearing?

"I have no interest in matrimony, I'm not sure I truly understand the concept. My research is not yet complete, and by the time it is Edvard may well be ready to help conceive a gifted child, not necessarily by my body. I have bee granted access to the redcap records, but was hoping to get access to the Tremere experiments as well. Despite Vocis words of support I wonder if they have some reason to conceal them. It could greatly hasten my breakthrough if I could access any records of such experiments, especially any lab texts from others who have investigated such things. perhaps I will need to travel to Duerenmar, though I understand their library is not well organized. I have heard that the redcaps have an extensive presence in the Transylvanian tribunal, is there any way to confirm whether or not record of such experiments exist without going through Tremere channels?"

I can't help you with Tremere records. They maintain their own private network, the Black Caps. And when the do interface with the Mercere, they pay a premium for confidentiality. I myself don't know of any such efforts by the Tremere. Only the Redcap lore.

"That is a shame, I might have managed to advance my studies significantly with those records, if they exist, and I have to think that they do for it to be worth the effort to create a diversion from them. Vocis seems opposed to forming library here, but if he is managing information in ways that operate to the detriment of Andorra, I have to think it might be wise to have a secondary library that he does not control. I have bee working out how to create a new mystery cult, to initiate breakthroughs I might discover, might we use this house as a library for such a cult?"

I have no authority in that. This manor is covenant property, and I doubtthey would want to do that.
Now, as far as your talk of being given some kind of run around, all I can say is that sometimes people nudge you towards something by acting like they are trying to take it away.

And just to give you a better idea of who you are dealing with, i am working from the character sheet Trogdor had made on the wiki for Cecilia de Mercere.