Winter OOC

Yeah, considering we ambushed and used capture spells to take more than half out of action, their first attacks all went against a magical image (most didn't get a second attack).

Yep, against unsuspecting men, wizards and their grogs are very tough. With just a little advance preparation though...

Hopefully the bound men realize that they can't move much so we can circle them and poke them with spears and they have almost no defense, that we can gang up 3-5 on one at a time has them dropping the spears when we signal them to.

That plan works well enough. Now...what to do with the bandits?

I would say, let Tessa decide since she is the one in charge, but since QC is playing her for the time being, I don't think that would be right. As a player, I like to try to use any windfall of grogs (bandits) the SG gives me for my own advantage. Do we have the resources to deal with prisoners right now? What kind of state are these bandits in (half starved and wearing rags, OK condition, etc,)?

Well Tessa said to take care of them, she didn't say how:

I wanted to put the task in the Grogs' hands and leave it not too specific. One could infer she meant to have them killed, but the highest ranking grog will be Merry.

I'll be posting now and then I might not be able to post until Sunday again.

OK, I'm back, sorry for the delay. I'll post up.

OK, so the Grogs' hold the fate of the bandits in their hands. Let me know what you do, they've all been dragged into the camp by the fire.

Back at the other camp things are developing. Don't advance to morning, I'll let you know when it gets there.

Between the 4-5 grogs and the two men and priest with the woman plus Tessa and mage. We could probably handle the 7 prisoners but it probably would be better to reduce them to 0-2.

Just waiting on everyone's decision for the bandits. It's between Aine and Merry now.

Merry has final word by authority given to him and he is only one that could understand them.

None of the grogs left at the standing stones can speak enough English to really communicate. If Aine wants to interrogate the bandits, have her run for a translator now, otherwise Merry will just kill them all and be done with it. If Aine wouldn't take the initiative to do that, then consider the bandits dead men walking.

OK, sorry for the delay, I'll post up now.

Then we don't have a translator since we can't speak to those in the camp any better than we can speak to the bandits. Only Tessa then could serve the role (we don't speak latin to use priest as translator) and Tessa is tending the mage.

Oh well, dead bandits.

OK, once we're done with the CSI at the standing stones we can finish this adventure up, followed by the end of Winter for all magi.

OK, I received some news from the player Warjoski, his magus was Jaen, the Veriditius. His magus is currently working with Rhodri to help create the spell that will conjure the Covenant buildings.

He won't be able to play any more due to RL issues. He had taken a leave for awhile in order to handle some sudden events, but now he said it will basically be permanent. I want to finish the Winter adventure and then discuss some options for the game. In the Spring adventure we need some posts regarding what happens with the bandits. I'll give til tomorrow then I'll move things along.

OK! And we're walking! We're walking!

Quick thing, I'll be gone on Saturday and Sunday, possibly Friday. Over the weekend, please continue to finish the point expenditure, I think we're in the final stretch.

OK, I don't want to turn this into a Catholic ritual or anything. I'm a lapsed Catholic myself and don't recall too well the Sacrament (but I have seen the Godfather many times! :smiley: ). We'll be moving on shortly after that.

This right here is basically the conclusion of the adventure, the remaining travel will be to finish the tasks of forming the Covenant, but it should be uneventful.

Alright, some choices and options here. We have some possible additions to the Covenant if you like. I leave that open in the current story arc. Eric the Guide, possibly with some mystical talents. Brother Peter, a man of the Church who may have had his eyes opened a bit by recent events, and the happy couple with their newborn son, delivered into this world by a wizard in a strong magic aura. If you do, let me know, I haven't effectively designed any of them (or I can easily abandon what I do have).

But we're moving on the conclusion.