I'm doing a magi of Hermes style character. see this thread viewtopic.php?f=4&t=31712&p=251311#p251311 for more information
Andreva (I took the name form here s-gabriel.org/names/cateline/languedoc.html) was the child of warrior grogs and grew up in a covenant around the order of Hermes. Not having the gentle gift, she was recognized as a potential maga from a young age. This status protected her to some extend from the worst effects of the gift but she was still isolated from her childhood peers and grew up with little companionship and became a painfully shy girl. Andreva learned to ride horses with the help of a maga of her childhood covenant whose compassion for the shy gifted girl coincided with her need to practice The Wizard's Mount for spell mastery She spent a lot of time with her parents who liked to play at swords with her and thereby taught her swordsmanship from a very young age.
Apprenticed at age 11, her Jerbiton mentor only tried briefly to find a more accepted outlet than swords and swordplay for her artistic outlet. After seeing her commitment, he changed tactics and encouraged her pursuit.
Andreva has a magical focus in swords, daggers, and knives, she believes that the focus is a natural outgrowth of how she has always found them to be beautiful items and how her parents used the sword duel as an analogy to explain nearly everything that they found complicated. Members of the confraternity of Roland believe this magical focus was created by the theft of one of their initiation scripts. Andreva has no recollection of any initiation but (to herself and probably no one else) she will admit that her mentor was certainly capable of stealing a script helping her initiate and then altering her memories if he thought that her development required it.
• Deficient technique Perdo –this is hopefully something that she’ll be inconvenienced by and have to work around.
• Covenant upbringing she is the child of grogs and had a very sheltered upbringing as an exceedingly shy child.
• Enemies: Confraternity of Roland they believe that her magical focus was the result of a stolen initiation and are eager to see that this never happens again by making Andreva’s life as unpleasant as possible.
• Deleterious circumstances: without a blade on her person
• No sense of Direction (from her rather sheltered covenant upbringing)
• Small frame (anti-synergy with her sword focus)
• Puissant Terram
• Affinity Terram
• Warrior (she grew up with the grogs)
• Educated (free Jerbiton virtue)
• Minor magical focus: swords, daggers and knives
• Deft form: terram
• Free expression (for Jerbiton cred.)
• Affinity Finesse (I intend take enough finesse to make affinity a better choice than puissant)
• Flawless magic
Sword from the invisible scabbard is from HoH: Societas it creates a sword duration sun.
Spell of Wrought Iron and Phantom Blacksmith are craft magic spells from Covenants. Respectively, they smelt iron ore and craft iron
Nitpicking and presentation of objection to my work is heartily encouraged