General Table Talk

Umm....absolutely not...actually, the minute I thought of the shark Bjornaer, I thought of him looking like Vin Diesel...

I hear you, but this forum is already pretty cluttered. The wiki is likewise cluttered from a mixture of the current stuff and out-of-date stuff. Fresh forum would be more organized. There's also a couple people who have recently started PBPs here that I think would be fun to game with.

I have to agree with Marko on this. To me, one of the cool ideas about the chapterhouse was that it was the same game and there was a good chance for interaction between the masters and the journeymen. I for one would love to see just how egotistical Vulcanus can be to a "mere journeyman" :stuck_out_tongue: . And we really don't need to spend all that much more time coming up with more storylines (although some sea related seems like it would fit a lot of the concepts), it just gives those interested another character to choose from to send on adventures.

Maybe we could try and consolidate some threads, then? Make the game information easier to navigate? Not that I have any specific suggestions how it could be less cluttered...

I would archive old threads if I could. Maybe lock them to indicate we need not worry about them anymore?
I would also put forth the proposition that, since this all a work of fiction, the past is malleable. It can be used for backstory and inspiration, but we are free to modify or disregard it as suits our current needs.
I know, big talk coming from that Flambeau guy. But I have learned much since then, and this isn't even printed cannon. This is fan fiction used by a handful of players at best.

I'm ready to get to speaking with Sigmundo whenever you're ready.

For Vault of Valdarius, I was definitely NOT planning to open the bottle. I was planning to Investigate the Enchantments using a lab season with InVi, but I don't think that would entail opening it. He'll talk to the metal slab once he learns the spell he needs in Duresca.

:laughing:
okay, you got me laughing too
:smiley:

Then all that leaves is the Redcap summit :smiley:

Exactly :smiley:

I can't see myself playing 2 characters, although doing lab work and stuff is always cool, and Aranka would give us (well, me) better opportunities to strengthen andorra, create a safehouse, imagine things on my spare time. But this is all unimportant to the game, mostly background stuff anyway. Like saying "Andorra is protected by x bound ghosts patrolling the countryside": This usually has no effect on the actual game.

Also realised that, until 1235, this will leave Arachné some time to craft some thingies, I'll try to make some traps (yeah!), a few utilities, and maybe a temporary flying carpet or 2 :smiley:. This is what she's good at, after all.

Good one.

Although there's something to be said for Kisame Hoshigaki

:open_mouth:
This is an awesome sigil! Why did I never thought of it???

FYI, Sa Dragonera would mean "the dragon dwelling place" in catalan.

I couldn't have come up with something better if I'd made it up! (For anyone who doesn't know... That's a real island, and that's really its name.)

A view of Dragonera from Mallorca:

...I want to live there.

Marko: Just for you, as a side project, the Spider takes a few days to craft a Poor Sahir's Flying Carpet in Autumn 1230 :wink:

Not a "real" flying carpet, since it's only a charged item, but we may store it safely somewhere until it finds some use.

The Mallorca thread doesn't seem to be displaying posts properly. Two from Marko and one from me (an attempt to quote of one of his posts) aren't showing up, even though it is displaying the last poster correctly. I have been thinking of throwing a freshly gauntleted character over there, just for giggles, so it is interesting to me. I've let Marko know, maybe with his super mod powers he can fix it somehow...

That thread is getting cluttered anyway. I was hoping it would just be a thread full of character sheets, but now it's a thread full of character discussions and mystery-posts. Wiki might have been a better option...

Nah, a development-type thread is a good idea. Someone's bound to post a character that needs revisions for one reason or another. Scarecrow might want his own thread, though. I expect his character will involve more discussion than the rest.

I don't mind using whatever thread is available. I'm just waiting to find out which one to use so I can post up the first incarnation of my character. The mechanical stuff, that is.

You can use the Mallorca roll call thread. Final character sheets will probably go up on the wiki, anyway.

Posts aren't displaying properly in that thread, though. So using that thread might not be the best idea. Hmmm...

I'll edit my original post in that thread so I at least have him out there.

EDIT: And I've got the first incarnation of Guillaume out there in the Roll Call thread. Any/all advice on him would be awesome!