5.5 Chapter Art - Laboratory

Please post your chapter art ideas for the Laboratory here!

Visit our announcement page for more details on what we are looking for.

What do you want this chapter's introductory art to look like? Please list the thematic elements, mood, characters, setting, visual style, details, etc. that you would like to see for the Laboratory.

Links to all the chapter art threads:

Intro, Order of Hermes, Characters, Virtues & Flaws, Abilities, Covenants, Hermetic Magic, Laboratory, Spells, Long-Term Events, Obstacles, Realms, Bestiary, Mythic Europe, Stories, Sagas

We can't wait to see what you come up with!

I would like to see a magus carefully adjusting some pieces of alchemical glassware on a table. The magus has a book open on an ornate lectionary, and behind them is a large cupboard full of pots and vials of ingredients, and a few specimens of plants and a mandrake root. The overall mood is of a wizard concentrating carefully on refining something.

A maga is standing at one end of a room and on the floor her apprentice is kneeling down to chalk marks on a summoning circle. The maga is standing by some lit candles and has incense ready to burn. The intention is to illustrate help in the lab.

1 Like

I'll be bold and suggest some fan art in the section for training an apprentice: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/14LnzK

The author @Lothindil is on this board.

I really love the cover art of the second edition. Perhaps use a homage to it? Also, if the character in any picture is creating something / working on something - try to have the correct shape and material bonuses present in the picture for what they are doing. Use the rules to influence the images.

2 Likes