This topic is to keep running lists. Each new post should be a wiki, thus editable by all players. Do not put discussions here.
Story Themes and Ideas
- Push for Lotharingian Tribunal (using Triamore and Tremere) - callen
- (idea) - (player)
- Secrets of the Telsberg family - (Mostly mundane with Realm interference) - RafaelB
- Various things involving old magic and hedge magic (if there are magi interested in that) - PlotDevice
Beasties and Fae - mjprogue Selected House and Cult interaction - Loke/George - I won't commit to all of them, but I could develop it for, say, two characters.
Roles/Themes for Magi
- Heir: The nominal leader of the covenant, whom the mundanes see as the rightful owner of the lands and assets of the covenant. (Clusius, played by Arthur)
- Mundane Ambassador (Steward or Voice?):
- Hermetic Ambassador: The diplomatic and political figure who keeps in contact with other covenants, and tries to influence them as well as bring back information and gossip. (Regulus, played by Rafael)
- Explorer: This figure is responsible for further investigating potential threats to (and resources for) the covenant.
- Fae Ambassador: If we want a local court with enough influence to require it
- Builder: Able to provide for many non-magical things the covenant may need.
- No Defense rolls, add 5 instead. This will speed up combat.
I'm trying to keep track of whose character concept is what:
- loke: Tremere?
- StephenFleetwood: Verditius weaver?
Feel free to complete and detail the concept.
For magi that have been finalized, see this list.
My idea is still very much in flux, I was thinking of a Flambeau but didn't realize there already was one.
Join the party it'll be fun
It's fine to have multiple characters from the same house. My read of the setting is that is probably normal actually.
Edit: and yeah, that's right for me.
The character concept post above has been made a wiki, so everone can edit the list.
And also there's legendary strong Merinita with some focus in melee.
Maybe a bit early, but if you have an idea what your companion could, just add it to the list.
This post is a wiki, so you should all be able to edit it.
Concepts for companions:
* A minor hedge wizard who lives somewhere in the valley (RafaelB)
I am adding a list of potential companion ideas, to be grabbed by whoever is interested:
- A member of the Telsberg family
- The redcap who will regularly visit the covenant
- A monk from either Lucelle Abbey (north of the valley) or the Moutier-Grandval Abbey (south of the valley)
Ideas for vis sources:
About half a day away from the covenant, along the Sorne river and a bit south of Underswyler if a small lake called Lac Vert. This might make a great place for a faerie aura and vis source.
Under the town of Laimunt, there is a Gallo-Roman mausoleum which could be a source of Corpus.
About a day's travel west of the covenant is a mountaintop called La Roche-d'Or because the light of the setting sun reflect on the rocks. A small statue of a Gaulish tri-horned bull was found there, so there could be a regio with an actual tri-horned bull there, who guards a vis source.
Something in Rangiers' Pass could make travelling it dangerous to mundanes, but give us a source of vis.
An old iron mine near Biestinge.
Ghosts on the Moor - In a swampy moor there live any number of nasty, biting insects which apparently serve no purpose except to annoy travelers. The area is typically avoided by honest folk and for the same reason is something of a haven for outlaws, criminals and bandits who hide there from the local sheriff. The moor is said by some to be haunted by the spirits of those cutthroats who have met their end within, and their ghosts can occasionally be seen as brief, flickering lights out on the moor. Some say that their ethereal voices beckon travelers to join them, and they often do, for the moor is dangerous ground, with many pitfalls and some areas of quicksand. It may be that the outlaws who dwell here encourage such tales, to keep superstitious folk away from their lairs.
Magi who carefully investigate the area will find that the flickering lights on the moor are in fact a unique breed of fireflies, whose glow is an eerie blue. Each such strange firefly contains a pawn of Mentem vis, but there are but a few of these insects in the air on any given summer night. They live only for about a week.
The Chokehold - There's a very tight passage in the mountains, that is generally avoided by people. Merchants avoid it mostly because it's very narrow, even a horse or donkey would be hard pressed to pass some of it's twists and turns. Others shy from it, because they say it gives an eerie feeling. Every Spring, a couple of loose rocks drop, and each contains Rego Vis.
The Lover's Tears - There is a very old stone statue of an unknown woman. Although the features are very worn by the passage of time, her eyes remain uneroded. Most people believe it is a representation of the Virgin Mary, and a small altar has been raised around it. But some villagers of the zone talks about an old story about two lovers who were cursed to be separated forever, turned into stone.
Only God knows where the other statue is located, if it exists, but it is said that each year, on the night of the anniversary of its curse, tears fall from the statue's eyes.
Those tears contain vis.
The magi must discover which night it happens, and prevent any annoying rain from diluting the tears (it remains open the possibility of another statue existing, and even what happens if somebody reunites the lovers again).
The Pierced Stone - in Courgenay, about 10 miles away from Delemont, one will find a large pierced stone. At the dusk, standing at the south face of the rock and looking north through the hole reveals an idyllic vision (a look into a faerie regio). People can cross and enter the regio if they manage to squeeze through, but the village people know better than to do that.
If one leaves an offer on the hole on the night of the autumn equinox (when summer begins to fade into winter), the following day he will find a branch with sweet, red berries. Each berry carries a pawn of faerie-tainted intellego vis.
Following the Birse river gorge south through the mountains towards Moutier-Grandval, there is a bridge crossing the river. It is a local custom that travellers should drop a silver penny into the river while crossing the bridge to invoke luck and ward oneself against spirits. Sometimes, a penny can be found stuck between the rocks of the rapids. Such a penny can become infused by Aquam vis after a while.
To make things interesting, I like to have at least one vis source be clearly located in each of the three Tribunals. These would be the Contested Resources hook. They don't have to be our most critical sources, but their worth (either the Art or the yield) should be enough that losing one or more of them would hurt. Otherwise that's not a real hook.
I will make this post a wiki, so everyone can add their suggestions. Then we can discuss them in the Covenant Discussions topic.
- Arthur: Alpha SG, stories about the multi-Tribunal border status of the covenant
- RafaelB: Disciples of Worm, explorations around the covenant, Telsberg family politics.
- Itzhak Even: mystery cults, ancient history, regione
- Gaxxian: mundane events, faeries
Indicate your commitments and interests regarding stories. This can be to run stories for a specific character, a location or group that you will develop as a setting for stories, a type of stories, etc.
Story flaws of various characters:
Quintus Clusius of House Jerbiton: Mentor (Augustus Nero of House Guernicus, from Confluensis in Normandy)
Regulus Petraeus of House Guernicus: Tormenting Master (Valerian of Guernicus, Hoplite from Confluensis in Normandy), Driven (more rights to apprentices)
Celeste of House Merinita: Plagued by Supernatural Being (Her mother's ghost), Disciples of the Worm, ghosts
Alba of House Merinita: Faerie Heritage, possible small rivality with Adelman of Tytalus, gulllible and social situations, relation with Audeline, the man (magus?) that came to pick her from the forest (who is he?), Stella's family past (they will be able to clean their name? some of them is a real thief after all?), her pater affairs with mundanes could affect her in some way (sending lots of money annually)
Wolfgang of House Flambeau: Mentor (Philippus Niger of House Flambeau, from Durenmar in the Rhine)
Vorsutus of Ex Miscellanea: Hermetic Patron: Cult of Mercury/Neo-Mercurians, Visions
Perion of House Tytalus: Dark Secret (illegitimate Gauntlet)
Mariana of House Flambeau: Hermetic Patron (Cult of Heroes)
Relationships, Contacts and Gild Alliegances (for sponsorship in the Rhine)
Triamore: Direct relationship, neither strong nor weak. Can probably be handled through letters.
- Having lived in Triamore for a few years as a guest, Clusius knows some of the magi there.
Durenmar: Direct relationship, neither strong nor weak.
- Lamberto of Bonisagus is a member of Durenmar, that Celeste has had dealings with.
- Would probably appreciate the arrival of a vis-rich covenant and the presence of a Guernicus. Rhine's senior quaesitor resides here. (Tugurium, Regulus)
- Dankmar: No relationship, generally hostile covenant.
Terschelling (Waddenzee): Direct relationship, perhaps a bit weak. Can probably be handled through letters.
- Celeste has had dealings with them, and had kept intermittent touch with one of the Magi there, they might want to vote for us, so we can vote for the change of name to Waddenzee.
Oculus Septentrionalis: Direct relationship, neither strong nor weak.
- Henri of Jerbiton and Boris of Mercere, are members of Oculus that Celeste has had plenty of dealings with, as a peregrinatore in Oculus. If we can secure a trade deal with them, goods in return for vis, we can gain their favor. They have lots of silver, but very little vis. Also, their Verditius might be commissioned to make a magical ship that we can use.
Fengheld: Direct relationship, strong interest from at least 1 magus
- Wilhelm Weiss of Jerbiton, living in the Rheingasse chapterhouse (in Cologne) is one of the filii of Leonardus. As such, he has a strong incentive for the covenant to be recognize... so long as his vis payments continue (Clusius, Tugurium)
- Alba is nominally a member of Fengheld, and also has her pater Bonsimon there
- Crintera: No relationship
Irencillia: Direct relationship*
- Celeste is nominally a member of Irencillia, and has had dealings both with Lambert, her pater, and Vinaria, both of House Merinita.
- Roznov: No relationship
Lab texts the covenant may want to acquire:
- Wizard's Vigil (ReVi gen) at level 25, 30 and 35